Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 75 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

glen

Lifer
Apr 28, 2000
Baratheon is Jon's father IMHO. And, sine he is a warg, he may still be "alive."

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

Merad

Platinum Member
May 31, 2010
more to the point, if he's read ADwD,
Zed... er, Jon's dead.

Attacked and wounded, yes. Dead, not necessarily.

Have you read ADwD?
At this point I think Dany will be paired with a certain someone who makes a debut in that book.

Aegon? Don't think so. If he's not killed off in his invasion I think he's more likely to oppose Dany as mentioned already. Remember, HE is the rightful Targaryen heir, not Dany. Since all indicators so far are that Dany is going to be central to opposing the others, it follow that Aegon would only get in her way.

Edit:
Also, I wouldn't be shocked if it's revealed that Aegon is not actually who he thinks he is (not a Targaryen at all). It could all turn out to be some plot of Varys'.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
more to the point, if he's read ADwD,
Zed... er, Jon's dead.

There's no guarantee of that. All we know for sure is that he was attacked. His warg-ness or perhaps Mellisandre's magic can still save him. I've certainly been wrong before on guessing which characters will die and which will be around for the end, but I still think that Jon, Tyrion and Daenerys will be the major players left standing. Probably Arya too, but she's going to be a person who determines the winner, probably by assassinating one of the other contenders.

glen

Lifer
Apr 28, 2000
There's no guarantee of that. All we know for sure is that he was attacked. His warg-ness or perhaps Mellisandre's magic can still save him. I've certainly been wrong before on guessing which characters will die and which will be around for the end, but I still think that Jon, Tyrion and Daenerys will be the major players left standing. Probably Arya too, but she's going to be a person who determines the winner, probably by assassinating one of the other contenders.
This

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
200 men went to defend Stark's bannerman from theons fake attack.
when theon took the castle, why didnt those men retake the castle?

after all theon only has a skeleton crew?!

and why did that bearded guy travel alone back to the castle?!

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005

The only thing I can figure, is Ser Rodrick went back ahead of the rest of the forces.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008

In the tv show it does take time for the people to travel and there was only one message sent out and that was not to them so they would not know about what happened yet.

But in the books
they were about to retake it when they got betrayed by another group

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
No. Just a sign of popularity. If anything it will kick HBO in the ass to make HBO GO available for everyone directly. Most the people who pirate would pay if it were convenient.

WTF??!? most could just pay to have HBO then where you get GO for free with it.

As far as convenience, all it takes is a fucking phone call and boom you now have HBO!

dwell

pics?
Oct 9, 1999

As far as convenience, all it takes is a fucking phone call and boom you now have HBO!

Yeah, HBO is only $15/month... on top of your $100 cable bill.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
so aria has that guy kiled who caught her w/Tywin Lannister's war plans. he took the plans to show tywin.

but since that guy died in front of Tywin, wouldnt tywin find the plans that used to be on his table on him? and still implicate Aria since aria was the last one at his table?

and what did those plans say? it flashed too quick to read.

Sureshot324

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2003
No. Just a sign of popularity. If anything it will kick HBO in the ass to make HBO GO available for everyone directly. Most the people who pirate would pay if it were convenient.

They probably have a multi year deal with the cable companies that prohibits that.

ccryder

Nov 20, 2008
Baratheon is Jon's father IMHO. And, sine he is a warg, he may still be "alive."

I think his parents are Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark, and thus the rightful heir to Westeros.

Last edited:

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
Game of thrones season 1 on HBO was excellent. I had no real interest in the book until seeing it and now I'm reading through, plus I'm stoked as i know I have books 2 and 3 after ward, all very well rated (though 4 and 5 less so). I thought season 1 was very excellent, and I'm not much of a fantasy fan anymore.

The TV series borrowed many lines from the books as well and seems not, so far, to have altered the meat of the story to any serious degree.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Game of thrones season 1 on HBO was excellent. I had no real interest in the book until seeing it and now I'm reading through, plus I'm stoked as i know I have books 2 and 3 after ward, all very well rated (though 4 and 5 less so). I thought season 1 was very excellent, and I'm not much of a fantasy fan anymore.

The TV series borrowed many lines from the books as well and seems not, so far, to have altered the meat of the story to any serious degree.

season 1 is great.

season 2 not so much. i'm having a hard time w/theon's treachery.
the show just wasnt convincing in theons change of heart.

and i didnt think Daenerys had that many warriors left in her rag tag camp?
but there seemed to have been ALOT killed when they took her dragons.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
If anything it will kick HBO in the ass to make HBO GO available for everyone directly.

Maybe he means that he'd be willing to pay a few dollars less $12-$13 dollars for just HBO go. Even if it meant that he had to wait a couple of days after the television broadcast to watch shows like Dexter and GoT online.

ccryder

Nov 20, 2008
should use spoiler tags for posts like that... [/quote]

sorry..........I am only guessing, but fixed.

Last edited:

MikeyLSU

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2005
HBO GO is about getting HBO content you have paid for while on the 'GO'. They are not looking to give it away for free except to subscribers.

well, I don't have tv at my house but I'd be happy to pay the $10-15 per month to get the HBO shows online, but they don't offer an option for that. I'm not about to pay $100 to get HBO on a TV(that was my satellite bill before I cancelled)