Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 500 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
It's the same dagger used by an assassin hired by Jamie to kill Bran.

I know where it was used, but there has always been this sort of suspicion over the dagger having ended up with the assassin through unrevealed ways. The whole thing was blamed on Tyrion because Littlefinger says he lost the knife to him in a bet. There's a good chance that Littlefinger is lying about it, and Bran knows.

local

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2011
Season 3, right before Ros was used as target practice.
"Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail, never to try again. The fall breaks them. And some given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love, the illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is."

brainhulk

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2007
The paintings conveniently skip (or Jon doesn't show Daenerys)the part where the white walkers were created by the children of the forest to fight the first men.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
The paintings conveniently skip (or Jon doesn't show Daenerys)the part where the white walkers were created by the children of the forest to fight the first men.
I think the paintings would have been a great opportunity to offer some foreshadowing, perhaps a certain stage of winter that had come to pass before. (besides the obvious)

NoSoupforyou

Dec 20, 2016
That battle scene was epic. Just love it the expressions. Jaimie hears the noise of the Dothraki... WTF is that? Then they all form up and the look on their faces when they see how many of them are cresting the hill. Ok, np we can do this. then the Dragon appears and the look of oh fak i just crapped my pants look.

Dranoche

Jul 6, 2009
That part confused me a bit. I thought the only people that knew of the "Children of the Forrest" were The three eyed raven artist formally known as Bran. I probably forgot, or missed something, but I could have sworn that when they introduced the characters they mentioned something along the lines of they were up there for so long with the old Three Eyed Raven that they were forgotten by man. I don't recall anyone talking about them other than the group that was with the CotF so Jon talking about them struck me odd. From what i can tell, he's not even aware that Bran is alive.

The Maester at Winterfell mentions the Children to Bran and maybe some of the other Stark children in an early season, and that they may have been real. Old Nan may have said something as well. Their present existence may be a secret to Bran, but many of the people of Westeros, or the more educated, are either aware that they used to exist or treat them as fairy tales. I'm probably stretching a little into book territory, but I do recall some early mention of them in the show.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
arya vs brienne could have been edited better.

after brienne kicks down down, arya draws her valerian dagger.
then the fight continues and the dagger is sheathed?!

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
I thought Ned Stark kept the valerian dagger after the assassin was killed?
After Ned was killed, I assumed it stayed in Winterfell.
then the Boltons sacked Winterfell.

how did Littlefinger end up with it?
and why did he bring it with him to Winterfell?

local

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2011

Not even close. Ned had already left for King's Landing when the assassination attempt was made. Catelyn then took it to King's Landing to get Ned to investigate who did it. She gave it to Littlefinger who identified it as his but that he had lost it to Tyrion in a bet. Apparently he has been carrying it around since then.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001

Ned was already gone with Robert when the assassin tried to kill Bran. Cat took the dagger with her when she left Winterfell to go to King's Landing. Ned got the dagger there and kept it until he was betrayed by Baelish who took it back.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Ned was already gone with Robert when the assassin tried to kill Bran. Cat took the dagger with her when she left Winterfell to go to King's Landing. Ned got the dagger there and kept it until he was betrayed by Baelish who took it back.
wow.. I don't remember it.
which season/episode was that?

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Here's a fun little factoid I didn't notice. While many many people picked up on Bran using the "Chaos is a ladder" line echoing Littlefinger saying the same thing in a conversation with Varys the discussion Jon and Dany had about the north bending the knee to her was almost exactly the same conversation Jon and Mance Rayder had when Jon was trying to convince Mance to save the wildlings by allying with the southern kingdoms.

And another odd little flashback to something previously seen, the cave wall drawings had a spiral pattern mixed in which was the same as the spiral pattern seen displayed with the body parts of the victims of the army of the dead north of the wall in season 1.

Last edited:

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
many of you are forgetting that Joffery basically admitted to sending the assassin to kill bran saying he figured they would want to put him out of his misery. or something to that effect

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
She could have done several things differently in my opinion....but then the scene would have been about 2 minutes long and GoT would be over.
Going to the middle was a bad call, she could have wiped them all out from the side...it should have been a 2 min battle, and I would be all for that, instead, they lost quite a few people.

bononos

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2011
Will Bronn and Jamie be Daenaery's prisoners? Or will they be able to sneak quietly off back home?

Yes, it was something Littlefinger said, word for word.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxlIraEV8n4&t=2m16s
The point of him saying that is tweaking Littlefinger, like "you have no secrets from me pal".

Will Littlefinger feel threatened enough with Bran's ability to 'see' him doing all the foul things in the past to arrange another murder?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Well Daenerys said fuck being different. It's time to wreck some shit! LOL!

she didn't burn castles and citizens, so she still took John's advice: do not melt people's homes. She took the fight to the army, and eradicated their supply. pretty badass, despite the Jack Bauer magic of moving an army of Dothraki across the continent with a few hours? march. fuck it. who cares?

anyhoo, I hope Bronn dies. He should have died, and it should have been obvious. I love that guy, but he needs to die. You don't drop your Judas coins in a very obvious way and survive the scripting. Perhaps he doesn't survive the scorching from saving Jamie...but it should have been more brutal, imo.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
"chaos is a ladder"
Did littlefinger say this in an earlier season?

maybe if your thieving dumbass mind paid attention to anything beyond tits in this show, you would know what was going on.

It was the title to an entire fucking episode...which you obviously would have seen, because you stole it.

fucking thieves.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Yes, it was something Littlefinger said, word for word.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxlIraEV8n4&t=2m16s

The point of him saying that is tweaking Littlefinger, like "you have no secrets from me pal".

yup.

every moment of that was like: I know everything you have said and everything you have done. Little Finger was completely neutered so, it's kinda useless to keep that guy around at this point, imo. He really can't do anything, and same as moth others. Bran is now the Macguffin going forward.