Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 483 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
So do you think the Valyrian dagger that started this whole war of the Kingdoms mess will make an appearance in Season 7 or 8?
varys-examining-assassins-dagger.jpg

catspaw-2.jpg

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
When does the upcoming season start? It seems to be well after its normal season time (so not with Silicon Valley and Veep, right?)

Sadly, I will no longer have HBO at that point, so like some peasant will have to wait ~2 months later to purchase an HBO month through Amazon or with Go.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
When does the upcoming season start? It seems to be well after its normal season time (so not with Silicon Valley and Veep, right?)

Sadly, I will no longer have HBO at that point, so like some peasant will have to wait ~2 months later to purchase an HBO month through Amazon or with Go.

Since a lot of what happens in the upcoming season will be winter they pushed the shooting schedule back so they could film in winter. That forced them to push the start date back to compensate. S7 goes on the air in mid-July, much later than usual.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
It re-starts on 16/7/17

Yep. From GRRM's blog:
Oh, and I almost forgot... HBO has also announced the premiere date: Sunday, JULY 16.

Man I am looking forward to it but I'm sad the remaining seasons will be abbreviated. I loved the 24 episode seasons of the show 24, lol. I'm more excited for the final books to be released but any GoT/ASOIAF is good for me.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Man I am looking forward to it but I'm sad the remaining seasons will be abbreviated. I loved the 24 episode seasons of the show 24, lol. I'm more excited for the final books to be released but any GoT/ASOIAF is good for me.
I cant believe season 7 will start b4 the next book is released.

or maybe that's his plan?
im thinking to rack up more sales, he's going to purposely have his last 2 books NOT follow the TV show.

so he'll wait till the series ENDS then release his next book.
but since he finished that book last year, his final book is already being written.
so not that much delay between releasing his next book and the final book.
/Theory

Last edited:

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
Yep. From GRRM's blog:

I'm always torn on shorter vs longer seasons. While I do enjoy some shows and like to watch them most of the year, they also end up with a bunch of fluff episodes or worse, pointless plotlines that go no where, and have on reason to exist other than to fill time. At least with this show they've slimmed the amount of characters we need to worry about, so that'll help the shorter season.

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
12 episodes a season is the sweet spot.

No filler episodes, but long enough to tell an intricate and thoughtful story.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Wow this shit doesn't air until July? That's so weak, I was looking forward to it next month. And it's only 7 episodes on top of that?

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
12 episodes a season is the sweet spot.

No filler episodes, but long enough to tell an intricate and thoughtful story.

GoT did 10 episodes last season and still had filler, arcs that went nowhere and more idiocy than other series could cram into 20 shows. Maybe seven is a good thing.