Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 390 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TheAdvocate

Platinum Member
Mar 7, 2005
this thread is so dead these first weeks....I assume this means that the majority of normal participants are thieves that already watched the first 4 episodes?

:hmm:

No, quite frankly, it's mainly you trying to pretend that the books don't exist by bitching about every vague reference to them, even while hypocritically enjoying the source material, that has driven many posters off. It's not worth your bellyaching to participate in this thread.

And nevermind that the show is in the process of moving past certain storylines in the books. You'll still find a way to bitch about the fact that the books exist, and this post.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
characters have hyper archery skills.

why not hyper kung-fu skills?
or too much like Marco Polo?

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
last year or 2 years ago, I saw a trailer of varys (bald guy) using a crossbow.

but I don't remember ever seeing that scene in any episode.

does anyone remember varys using a xbow?

Xonim

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2011
Dany's storyline is well into being boring if you ask me. She's basically been doing the same thing for the last half season or so -- I know it's supposed to show that she's learning how to rule (while making mistakes along the way) but ... something needs to happen. A periodic dragon appearance isn't enough.

Brienne & Podrick are awesome. That is all. They're probably my favorite "duo" now that the hound is dead.

The whole Jacquen reveal would have been way more awesome if I didn't know it was coming. It got spoiled for me by a coworker who doesn't like surprises, and thus, spends an absurd amount of time reading GoT things on some wiki somewhere. She was discussing with a book-reader right outside my cubicle and I overheard :( I did good and didn't tell my wife about it though, so she was super pumped he was back.

Oberyn's wife/lover/whatever is looking pretty rough these days.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
No, quite frankly, it's mainly you trying to pretend that the books don't exist by bitching about every vague reference to them, even while hypocritically enjoying the source material, that has driven many posters off. It's not worth your bellyaching to participate in this thread.

And nevermind that the show is in the process of moving past certain storylines in the books. You'll still find a way to bitch about the fact that the books exist, and this post.

Do I sense an uncomfortably-distended rectum?

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Yeah, the Dany stuff is super boring to me; feels like a slog. I can't wait for Tyrion and Varys to get there and make things interesting.

KT

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Oberyn's wife/lover/whatever is looking pretty rough these days.

Yeah, I couldn't tell if it was a new actor or not. Almost certain it is the same person, but she looks so different. Good makeup, I guess. Seems she is rather upset about the whole thing.

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Yeah, I couldn't tell if it was a new actor or not. Almost certain it is the same person, but she looks so different. Good makeup, I guess. Seems she is rather upset about the whole thing.

Same actress. They changed Cersei's daughter though.

KT

Xonim

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2011
Yeah, the Dany stuff is super boring to me; feels like a slog. I can't wait for Tyrion and Varys to get there and make things interesting.

KT

See and the thing is ... her storyline was one of my favorites in the first 2-3 seasons. Being forced to integrate with the Dothraki, then her taking ownership of her new "rank", and then all the stuff that happened at Qarth with the house of the undying, and then it was totally badass when she acquired the unsullied. Some of those things were better than others, but it was all good enough that I kept wanting her to get more screentime. But everything that has happened since she took over the first slave city has just been entirely repetitive ... I'd rather they just leave her out of it until she has something to actually add.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005

Is that the same women that was with him in King's Landing? I thought that the woman that was with him at Joffrey's wedding was his mistress, while his wife (who I figured was the woman in this episode) stayed in Dorn.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
The first three are good, I will watch the fourth today. Love my Fire TV with XBMC!

Wrong thread. The piracy brag-thread is... is... uh... nowhere.

Huh.

I guess that means that no one cares until it airs. How about that?

Xonim

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2011
Is that the same women that was with him in King's Landing? I thought that the woman that was with him at Joffrey's wedding was his mistress, while his wife (who I figured was the woman in this episode) stayed in Dorn.

That could be. I don't recall. I assumed it was his wife. /shrug

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
See and the thing is ... her storyline was one of my favorites in the first 2-3 seasons. Being forced to integrate with the Dothraki, then her taking ownership of her new "rank", and then all the stuff that happened at Qarth with the house of the undying, and then it was totally badass when she acquired the unsullied. Some of those things were better than others, but it was all good enough that I kept wanting her to get more screentime. But everything that has happened since she took over the first slave city has just been entirely repetitive ... I'd rather they just leave her out of it until she has something to actually add.

Yeah I am with you 100%. Was always excited to cross the sea in those early seasons, but now I just groan with boredom as soon as Dany appears on screen. Sucks.

KT

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
That could be. I don't recall. I assumed it was his wife. /shrug

She's his paramour and is the same woman. I thought his wife was dead though?

KT

Last edited:

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004

Oberyn has no wife. All five of his children are with Ellaria. It is the same actress. I assume they made her look worse since she's grieving.

cronos

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001

It is the same woman, played by Indira Varma, who I recognized from Human Target.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
It is the same woman, played by Indira Varma, who I recognized from Human Target.

thx.. now I remember where I saw her.
she was in the movie karma sultra (made last century :eek: )

she's done quite a few full nudes in her career.

she's 42 now?!

Childs

Lifer
Jul 9, 2000

Also Vorenus's wife in Rome, and Luther's ex wife in Luther. I think shes a somewhat polarizing actress. She ruined Human Target, but normally shes good in most shows.

Feb 6, 2007
The first three are good, I will watch the fourth today. Love my Fire TV with XBMC!

You know that annoying feeling of anticipation waiting for next week so you can get a new episode? Multiply that by three. That's what you did to yourself. My nephew was telling me he watched all the leaked episodes and I asked him how he felt about having to wait a month for a new episode... "Oh, shit, I hadn't thought of that." Smooth.