Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 389 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Drako

Lifer
Jun 9, 2007
And, I don't know if executing the slave for murder was not good judgement. If all are to be treated equal, all must be punished equal. The fact the slaves don't see this isn't her fault.

I would say that turning the entire population of the city against you shows pretty poor judgement. :colbert:

BroHamBone

Apr 3, 2015
I would say that turning the entire population of the city against you shows pretty poor judgement. :colbert:

Hahah, check out her face....She realized it when they were all yelling, and finally understood it when they began hissing at her.

She had to make an example, was a poor example, but it had to be done to show she meant business about killing out of turn.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
I was thinking more of a James Bond type of maneuver. Charm his way into some ladies bedroom and then bludgeon her to death with an iron fist!

I don't know, it seems he intends to take Bron with him and Bron is so not a wingman, he is the storm the castle type. I personally think the Bron is going to take a arrow and Jamie is going to run through the castle killing everyone.

Train

Lifer
Jun 22, 2000
www.bing.com
What Stannis said to Jon Snow applied perfectly to what Danerys was dealing with.

I think they showed a contrast between the two ruling styles. Stannis was very confident in his justice, ya he was blunt, but he wanted fear and he got it. Danny is trying to balance fear and love and having a tough go at it.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008

And, the freed slaves turned on her because they don't understand what freedom and equality are yet. They want vengeance against their former masters (and for good reason), but don't grasp that is not justice.

What Stannis said to Jon Snow applied perfectly to what Danerys was dealing with.

I think they showed a contrast between the two ruling styles. Stannis was very confident in his justice, ya he was blunt, but he wanted fear and he got it. Danny is trying to balance fear and love and having a tough go at it.

This just highlights that Stannis is about as good of a ruler as his brother Robert was: terrible. The northerners don't follow the Starks because they are afraid. The Night's Watch didn't follow Jon Snow because they were afraid of him. And the wildlings didn't follow Mance because they feared him either.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Isn't that why she is in Mereen in the first place? Govern some city to the ground to learn the ropes before fucking up her own country?

And, I don't know if executing the slave for murder was not good judgement. If all are to be treated equal, all must be punished equal. The fact the slaves don't see this isn't her fault.

I think that rich guy on her council had a hand in persuading the slave guy to murder the prisoner.

for some reason that rich guy gives me the Littlefinger 'backstabbing' vibe?

Train

Lifer
Jun 22, 2000
www.bing.com
This just highlights that Stannis is about as good of a ruler as his brother Robert was: terrible.
So far he's the only guy who held the realm together, and he knew it was because of fear.

The northerners don't follow the Starks because they are afraid.
Along the same lines, they STOPPED following Kings Landing because they were no longer afraid.

The Night's Watch didn't follow Jon Snow because they were afraid of him.
They were afraid of the wildlings, and followed the only person who wasn't shitting his pants.

And the wildlings didn't follow Mance because they feared him either.
They united because of fear... of the white walkers.

Fear is an incredible motivator.

Mar 16, 2005
they should spend a good half an episode on one location and set of characters.

all this jumping around with the characters getting 5 minutes of screen time is a disservice to them, the books, and audience.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
if they did that, we'd still be on season 2

not really. same content, just edit with far less cuts from story to story.

Should be easily doable without weird issues of congruity. In some cases, you might have characters intersecting, then go back a bit to explore the other character in the time before they get to that point.

Audiences are pretty well exposed to that method by now.

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
I liked where bitch and a half was like "i'ma kill you lest you kill that other bitch" And Gaius Baltar was like "fuck that" and the guard was all like "want me to kill that bitch" and he was like "nah, an't even worth the blade cleaning".

Childs

Lifer
Jul 9, 2000
I liked where bitch and a half was like "i'ma kill you lest you kill that other bitch" And Gaius Baltar was like "fuck that" and the guard was all like "want me to kill that bitch" and he was like "nah, an't even worth the blade cleaning".

Its not Baltar, its Bashir, although Baltar would be great on this show.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Man, I squealed like a little girl when Jaqen H'ghar finally revealed himself. Freaking love that guy.

KT

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
they should spend a good half an episode on one location and set of characters.

all this jumping around with the characters getting 5 minutes of screen time is a disservice to them, the books, and audience.

Not gonna happen. It was intentionally done this way to milk the story along at a snail's pace. I don't like it in the books, don't like it with the show either. There are way too many character viewpoints in both the books and show.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I feel bad for that crusty old dude that only got 4 votes. He seemed like a decent chap.

Also, things going to well for Jon Snow right now. I suspect he gets murdered next week.

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
I feel bad for that crusty old dude that only got 4 votes. He seemed like a decent chap.

Also, things going to well for Jon Snow right now. I suspect he gets murdered next week.

There was a pub-triva group named
"John dies at the end"
I'm assuming that was a spoiler from the books: so I'm sharing it.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2005

tumblr_m6pu2wCwcX1qcwic6.gif

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008

Now the resident AA will be like this....
giphy.gif

or this...
200.gif

then they will say this...
Release-The-Kraken-Gif_o_102917.gif

and then their unsullied will excrete some variation of this
giphy.gif

or this
g64073g6864.gif

or this
fulla.gif

Last edited:

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
^ I do hope we all understand I was making a joke about the other-referenced movie/book and have not actually read the book... my God, i'm not even literate.

Last edited: