Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 345 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fox5

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
So seriously though, what kind of fight to the death for the purposes of a legal decision lets each side choose their weapons? What if one side just fights with crossbows or throwing knives?

Zee

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 1999
So seriously though, what kind of fight to the death for the purposes of a legal decision lets each side choose their weapons? What if one side just fights with crossbows or throwing knives?

i think it's a representation of the will of the gods kinda thing. so if the gods will it, one will use a crossbow.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001

A guy that brings a crossbow to a duel against a heavily armored man with a shield will probably have his head chopped off about 2 seconds after firing the first bolt.

Mar 10, 2005
Please ban this idiot.

now i've been called a spoiler, a retard and an idiot, for quoting a line that aired over a year ago.

YeahOkWhatever-23069.jpeg

edit:
game of thrones s03e09 "the rains of castamere", at 21m40s.
aired june 2, 2013

do you know how foolish you've made yourself look? it's pretty bad.

Last edited:

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
now i've been called a spoiler, a retard and an idiot, for quoting a line that aired over a year ago.

YeahOkWhatever-23069.jpeg

edit:
game of thrones s03e09 "the rains of castamere", at 21m40s.
aired june 2, 2013

do you know how foolish you've made yourself look? it's pretty bad.

how is this not a spoiler?
stupid me, we already know how the hound gets it, and it isn't the bite.

ignorelist++

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
how is this not a spoiler?
stupid me, we already know how the hound gets it, and it isn't the bite.

ignorelist++
The line he quoted is from the show. It's how he thinks the hound dies. It was said LAST SEASON. It's not a spoiler. Unbunch your panties.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
The line he quoted is from the show. It's how he thinks the hound dies. It was said LAST SEASON. It's not a spoiler. Unbunch your panties.

Lets be honest the only appropriate way for the hound to die is for Nymeria to come back and maul him.

Mar 10, 2005
don't worry about it.

he made a mistake, which is fine. he started over-reacting and hurling insults, which made him look foolish. he repeated his mistake while quoting the proof of his mistake, which proved my point.

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001

Oh sorry I'll be sure to memorize every line of the show from now on, and make sure to be able to connect them to all random posts in the future.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Oh sorry I'll be sure to memorize every line of the show from now on, and make sure to be able to connect them to all random posts in the future.

Or you could just try the even simpler method of pulling your head out of your ass long enough to stop crying about things you don't understand. If you can't be bothered to pay attention to the show well enough to understand what's happening why do you care so much about it getting spoiled? If GoT is that important to you, watch it and stop blaming everyone else on Earth for the shit YOU miss.

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
He gave you the season, show and apparently the time the line was said. You proceeded to STILL call him out, and "ignore list ++", while quoting said info.

You are right, there are a TON of details to keep track of over a long period of time. If you don't watch each show ~3 times you will miss them, or forget or both. Even if you do, you will still miss some things.

It's OK to not know something, in those cases I would ask questions before making a decision, much less an accusation. I find this is true in most things in life. See sig.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
The story regarding the catspaw and the dagger is different in the books. It was put to rest in book 3, which we are now past in the show. So anything in the future that concerns the dagger in the show, will be new territory for book readers.

02ranger

Golden Member
Mar 22, 2006
The story regarding the catspaw and the dagger is different in the books. It was put to rest in book 3, which we are now past in the show. So anything in the future that concerns the dagger in the show, will be new territory for book readers.

I think that's what confused me about Boston Dangler's post last night about LF trying to off Bran, because the book is different from the show and I forgot about that.

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
don't worry about it.

he made a mistake, which is fine. he started over-reacting and hurling insults, which made him look foolish. he repeated his mistake while quoting the proof of his mistake, which proved my point.

I think it's fair to say that it was not hard to take your statement as a spoiler.

02ranger

Golden Member
Mar 22, 2006
darth vader is luke's father.

the titanic sinks.

rosebud was his sled.

rhett butler doesn't give a damn.

Don't forget Bruce Willis was dead the entire time.

KS is KS.

There's a head in the box.

And, spoiler of spoilers: Kenny dies!

Last edited: