Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 344 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Mar 10, 2005
hound - maybe. like i said before, he better go out in the fight of the century and not drogo out on us.

stupid me, we already know how the hound gets it, and it isn't the bite.

It hasn't been verified in the show.

it was poison. syrio is dead and oberryn used poison, end of story.

The question is, is she smart enough to know that eventually she has to pay that piper, or will she be all traumatized when he won't take any more excuses.

littlefinger could have taken it by force at any time, but that's the exact opposite of what he wants. it has to be given freely and completely or not at all. he has possibly the most self-control of any character.

will he manipulate her? that's a certainty. but he'll never give her reason to hate him (like finding out he orchestrated her father's demise and tried to have raisin bran killed). she's the jewel in his crown, until he can trade up for the throne.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
I thought of Andre the Giant (and The Big Show), but neither one of them has an impressive physique; they're just large, not ripped. And either way, both are still significantly shorter than 8' tall, so they still don't fit the character profile. Given that this is a fictional tale set in a magical world with dragons and smoke monsters and actual giants, I don't think it strains credulity that there's a character who is larger than any actual human in recorded history. It makes it a tough ask to find a suitable actor to portray that character without digital trickery though.

The Undertaker is smaller than the two wrestlers I mentioned (Great Khali and Nathan Jones), and both of them are about a foot shorter than ideal. The Rock is tiny by comparison; 6'5", 260 lbs.

Wow wrestling...some of the smallest and biggest guys can kill for fun.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Another dickscarf who can't help but post vague spoilers. It's probably not intentional however since we can't expect those with the intalect of hodor to know better.

Should have ignored alk years ago

lol, gather up your army.

Come find me.

Mar 16, 2005
pQmA4Vo.jpg

02ranger

Golden Member
Mar 22, 2006
stupid me, we already know how the hound gets it, and it isn't the bite.

it was poison. syrio is dead and oberryn used poison, end of story.

littlefinger could have taken it by force at any time, but that's the exact opposite of what he wants. it has to be given freely and completely or not at all. he has possibly the most self-control of any character.

will he manipulate her? that's a certainty. but he'll never give her reason to hate him (like finding out he orchestrated her father's demise and tried to have raisin bran killed). she's the jewel in his crown, until he can trade up for the throne.

Huh? Either I'm more tired than I realize or this post doesn't make much sense.

Mar 10, 2005
"some day, i'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull."

raisin bran is sansa's younger brother that was pushed out the window. after he didn't die, littlefinger tried to finish him and frame the lannisters.

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009
"some day, i'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull."

raisin bran is sansa's younger brother that was pushed out the window. after he didn't die, littlefinger tried to finish him and frame the lannisters.

Inadvertant possible spoiler. I can't for the life of me find which episode I thought brought that tid bit to light.

Last edited:

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
Just watched episode 8...holy hot damn. Between the flayed body and what was left of Oberyn's noggin, the GoT make-up department has been busy!

manimal

Lifer
Mar 30, 2007
lol, gather up your army.

Come find me.

Maybe it's your limited faculties have prevented you from understanding that the big kids are talking. Shut your Manlet face about spoilers and we can stop talking about your missing chromosomes.