Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 109 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Just in case you were wondering, this is from trailer 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmKDVvIEhBY

You will happen to notice what the name of the song is and the genius behind using it in that trailer. ;)

The TRON soundtrack is quite possibly the best soundtrack I've ever listened to!

yea i got the Tron one by Daft Punk immediately

Funny. I literally just purchased it 35 minutes before he posted that.

Edit: DAMMIT! Looks like I'm going to have to get the OST too because it's not on the Daft Punk - TRON LEGACY: R3C0NF1GUR3D (Reconfigured) version of the album. :(

Last edited:

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Eh. Not sure I like that they changed the actor that plays Beric, also that guy does not look nearly thin enough to do the lightning lord's story justice.

Maybe the original actor had a car wreck. Still wish they hadn't changed actors for Beric, it hurts the contiguity of his story.

I agree about Missandei, although I bet there are a lot of complications with using such young actors.

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0305320/

I only see one actor listed for this character.

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001

Agent11

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
we saw what was basically a cameo appearance of Beric in episode 6 of Season 1

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/David_Michael_Scott

at the time Beric's character was considered merely as an extra and not a reoccurring role and thus the recast

although I'd say it takes some major spergs to get upset over such a recast

The basic foundation for Beric's actions is the fact that he was sent on a mission to bring to justice Gregor Clegane in the name of the king, and that while in the pursuit of this all hell broke loose.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Spam post deleted

People who quote spammers and their links are more of a problem than the spammers.
admin allisolm

what? no free ipod if i click on that link?!

whaty kinda of stupid spammer r u?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Quoted spam post deleted.

People who quote spammers and their links are more of a problem than the spammers.
admin allisolm

Free iPod?

Last edited by a moderator:

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
admin allisolm said:
Quoted spam post deleted.

admin allisolm
Actually, they are fixing the problem in a different way. Calling out the spammer in public before the mods arrive can be very useful if it was something others might actually fall for in the mean time. More work for you? Well, only if you feel compelled to delete it from the posts warning people about it. As long as the spammer is gone, I'm happy. The quotes? I don't care unless the link was dangerous or the user calling the spammer out didn't make it clear enough.

Last edited:

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
You really thought A Dance with Dragons was a chore? Maybe because I continued straight from AFFC, which is like molasses coming off ASOS, I thought ADWD was pretty quick and eventful.

His writing style is just very annoying to me now. Way, way too many character view points so it takes forever for the story to go anywhere. Also he seems to have an infatuation with
Tyrion, to the point where you know nothing fatal will happen to him
. Also his fascination with describing things as either looking, smelling, or tasting like shit.

He is very similar to Robert Jordan. An amazing first novel, then it all starts going downhill after that with too many characters, too many wasted pages needlessly describing and repeating things. Thankfully the show doesn't have these problems.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
His writing style is just very annoying to me now. Way, way too many character view points so it takes forever for the story to go anywhere. Also he seems to have an infatuation with
. Also his fascination with describing things as either looking, smelling, or tasting like shit.

Which will make his/her death in later books all the better ;)

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001
then it all starts going downhill after that with too many characters, too many wasted pages needlessly describing and repeating things......Also his fascination with describing things as either looking, smelling, or tasting like shit.

Oh. I guess I like those things. Gives flavor to the story and atmosphere. He definitely loves his food, so much so that he's endorsed a GoT inspired cook book.

I can see the irritation of moving the story forward. Since AFFC and ADWD have concurrent timelines, it's definitely been a slow slog as far as the passage of time is concerned. The issue is, however, there are a dozen or more intermingled and concurrent plot threads that have to be eventually reconciled.

With only (supposedly) two books left, he definitely has a lot of loose ends to tie up. My fear is that it'll be impossible to stick to the two-more-books plan.

Agent11

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
Eh I thoroughly enjoyed all the books. The only bit where I really slowed down and was not liking how things were going so much was Meereen.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Also he seems to have an infatuation with

With Martin I have learned to never believe any character is impervious from death. While there are at least 2 that I *think* will last until the end even if they don't survive the final showdown, that's by no means a given. He's got enough characters and enough options that even seemingly un-killable characters might get whacked in the 2nd to last book or early in the last one while minor characters can rise to prominence.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
With Martin I have learned to never believe any character is impervious from death. While there are at least 2 that I *think* will last until the end even if they don't survive the final showdown, that's by no means a given. He's got enough characters and enough options that even seemingly un-killable characters might get whacked in the 2nd to last book or early in the last one while minor characters can rise to prominence.

hopefully this wont turn into the Lion, Witch, and Wardrobe where the end books only had the supporting characters

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
And yeah, Headey is hot.

The taller show producer is surprisingly handsome.

Last edited:

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Rome, Deadwood, Band of Brothers, Firefly :colbert:

1342145108.jpg