Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 108 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hdeck

Lifer
Sep 26, 2002
Yea... Qarth I have no idea why they changed it the way they did.

without changing what happened in Qarth, Danny would have only been on screen for 5-10 minutes the whole season. they changed things to get her more screen time since she is a fan favorite.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
without changing what happened in Qarth, Danny would have only been on screen for 5-10 minutes the whole season. they changed things to get her more screen time since she is a fan favorite.

beautiful hot naked chick willing to do full nude is always a fan fav :)

hope when she rules the city, they dont make her look too much like an idiot like in the books

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
Thanks to BladeVenom, Pheran, and Gooberlx2 for answering my questions. Don't have HBO, so I unfortunately have to wait to watch S3 until it is out on BluRay. Oh well, I can at least read book 3 until then.

Thanks again.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
beautiful hot naked chick willing to do full nude is always a fan fav :)

hope when she rules the city, they dont make her look too much like an idiot like in the books

All you bookworms need to use spoiler tags, dammit!

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
I'm on episode like 5 season 1... I hope the pretty boy nailing Sarah Connor dies soon.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
I got the season 1 BD "Collector's Edition" for a steal on Amazon. Didn't even touch the discs. I activated the Digital Copy and redeemed through iTunes. Streamed some episodes through the Apple TV. While I was at work on an ultra-fast connection, my iPad mini and iPhone 5 downloaded more episodes and I used AirPlay to watch on the Apple TV without buffering. I re-downloaded and re-watched some episodes to review and watched some feaurettes that were also unlocked along with the digital copy.

With the Apple ecosystem, the digital copy has far more appeal to me than the physical discs. That's the first digital copy I've ever redeemed on any of my Blu-Ray movies. I hope my others also support iTunes. The entire experience was excellent except for some repeated freezing / buffering during a couple episodes (flaky Internet connection) and I found out I had to disable Dolby Digital in the ATV3 settings so I could hear the Episode 1 commentary (I only heard the normal audio track until I tweaked that setting).

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
It's going to be really interesting to see people's reactions when
certain likeable characters die and everything goes to shit.
I've given up on reading the books after the latest one, was a chore to get through. I'll just watch the story unfold on HBO.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Just finished catching up on season 2. Who was the masked woman in Qarth that kept interacting with Mormont?

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
With the Apple ecosystem, the digital copy has far more appeal to me than the physical discs. That's the first digital copy I've ever redeemed on any of my Blu-Ray movies. I hope my others also support iTunes. The entire experience was excellent except for some repeated freezing / buffering during a couple episodes (flaky Internet connection) and I found out I had to disable Dolby Digital in the ATV3 settings so I could hear the Episode 1 commentary (I only heard the normal audio track until I tweaked that setting).

I really need to spend some time and go through all of my movies and redeem any of those digital copies. The expire after so much time, so I probably ought to do it sooner than later! I have both seasons 1 and 2 of Game of Thrones on Blu-Ray, so it should be worth it. :D

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001
Thanks to BladeVenom, Pheran, and Gooberlx2 for answering my questions. Don't have HBO, so I unfortunately have to wait to watch S3 until it is out on BluRay. Oh well, I can at least read book 3 until then.

Thanks again.

It's better that way anyway. Seriously, anyone who's following along the seasons with the books should go ahead try to read book 3 before the season starts. Better to have the show spoiled than the book, which is the best form of the story, especially this book.

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001
I've given up on reading the books after the latest one, was a chore to get through. I'll just watch the story unfold on HBO.

You really thought A Dance with Dragons was a chore? Maybe because I continued straight from AFFC, which is like molasses coming off ASOS, I thought ADWD was pretty quick and eventful.