Game of Thrones News: last two eps. of Season 4 will be shown at some IMAX screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Started this thread because it's news about the show and doesn't fit in the book thread. Nor does it talk about spoilery future plots.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/01/06/game-of-thrones-at-imax-theaters/

If you think that some TV shows are so grandiose that they deserve a full-fledged theatrical release, you're not alone. HBO is drumming up attention for the fifth season of Game of Thrones by screening the last two episodes of season four (plus a special season five trailer) in IMAX theaters -- the first time that any TV series has been remastered for the large-scale visuals and sounds of the IMAX format.

Should you be eager to see those big fantasy battles on the big screen, roughly 150 theaters across the US will play the episodes between January 23rd and January 29th. It's hard to know if fans will pay to watch GoT content they've almost certainly seen at home.

However, HBO and IMAX are really just testing the waters. They want to know if special theatrical runs can both draw attention to a TV series (especially important with HBO's stand-alone internet service on the way) and fill seats that might otherwise stay empty.

I considered putting this in the show thread but a douchetasticly fascistic PM discouraged me.

So there is the information. I'm actually seeing if the IMAX theater within 50 miles is screening the show. the
exploding head
is in episode 08 so at least we won't have to see a 50 foot tall depiction of that...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.