Game industry substituting good gameplay for graphics...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

WiseUp216

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2012
www.heatware.com
Solution: Stop reading "these threads" if they bother you so much.

Better yet, stop posting them.

If you don't like PC gaming, don't post in a PC gaming forum.

I don't like consoles like I did in the 90s and you don't see me in the console forum whining that they aren't what they used to be.

Get over it. Find a new hobby. There has to be a better avenue for your time.

Arsinek

Feb 9, 2010
Better yet, stop posting them.

If you don't like PC gaming, don't post in a PC gaming forum.

I don't like consoles like I did in the 90s and you don't see me in the console forum whining that they aren't what they used to be.

Get over it. Find a new hobby. There has to be a better avenue for your time.

Actually I think Ill post whatever I like. Get over it.

.... You just blew my mind

And you just blew mine.

Since when has CoD improved graphics ? The game is an ancient pile of shit still using the same engine it did for CoD 4. I'll give you Battlefield upgrades graphics all the time, but that has always been a staple of what BF does. BF2 for its time was considered a graphics powerhouse.

Graphics add to immersion in the game world = improvements to the experience.

Well, Id say from the first COD until now theres been improvement in graphics, but I cant get more specific than that because I stopped playing them after MW2.

Graphics are nice. But a game with good graphics and crap gameplay is still a crappy game, at least to me.

You are wrong about CoD, the newest installment has the same graphics as CoD 4. My toaster can play it.

Lol, that might be true, I stopped playing them years ago.

Blah blah blah "I dont like Cod wahhhh" blah blah blah

Video games are better than theyve ever been. Suck it up, the only difference is now you are older.

Well, graphics might be better than theyve ever been, gameplay seems the same to me.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2005
This is the conclusion Ive come to for why most games bore me. Games continue to look prettier and prettier but yet actual gameplay either stays the same or actually regresses.

The COD and BF franchises are perfect examples. They contiue to release basically the same game over and over but with updated graphics. I personally might die if I ever have to play another round of team death match. BF3 had Rush which was fun for a little while but its still a rather small and simple game mode with no meaning. COD and BF have no depth. There is no war in these games, just little instanced battles. I want a big war where battles contribute to something larger.

MMORPGs are the same way. From what Ive heard SWG and Ultima Online had more depth than WoW and WoW has more depth than most new MMOs coming out. The graphics get better but the gameplay gets worse.

That's why Unreal Tournament III has stuck with me for the past 4-5yrs (and i still play it online competitively) .. i can't recall if I've played a different game inbetween that time.. i'm familiar with the COD:World At War & BF2, but they got stale and boring within a few months..

The gameplay in online UT3 matches is Pia Mei Ninja :ninja: