Gallup: Romney and Obama tied 47% each

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Nice spin from a former GWB speechwriter, particularly the leap of logic from distrust of the Media to being sick of their so-called liberal bias for Obama. Maybe they're sick of the portrayal of Romney as some sort of reasonable alternative. Extrapolate that.

I do like the reference to social media posts as well. Right wing ravers are more likely to express their opinions? Is that sorta like the Ron Paul! Ron Paul! Ron Paul! phenomenon?

Color me shocked.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Don't be coy, what does it say that you think I'm missing? Is it the part where the media play up some boos that Ryan got at AARP, but glossed over the applause he got on other subjects?

The AARP is generally a very respectful audience, but not for Ryan.

Gee- maybe that means something you'd rather not admit, huh?

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
still doesn't explain why the massive willing accomplices and collusion campaigning hasn't resulted in something in the 20+ point lead.

I can make a similar argument for Romney.

Clearly 6 in 10 Americans distrust the media, and since Obama is the media darling...

Why isn't Romney winning this thing 60% to 40%?

you see how bad your logic is?

GWB was horribly unpopular in 2004...the media didn't like him then...yet he managed to win vs Kerry.

Do you see how stupid this "4th Estate" argument is?

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
Conservative faith in Republicans is a religion not a rational decision. Religions are the masters of locking folk in to their delusions. To be a rational thinker for a conservative equates to damnation and going to hell. The terror of sin isn't going to be uprooted by reason.

..and let me guess. You think the obama is the master of reason and wizard of "smart".. you completely dismiss the fact that the obama is a media creation.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
You made the claim, how about you puke up the link?

I attempted to find other instances where the AARP audience booed the speaker, found none.

To be technically correct, I should have said "The AARP seems to be a very respectful audience, but not for Ryan. I can't recall them booing any other speaker."

All better?

chowderhead

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 1999
Now it's Obama 48%, Romney 46%.

Obama's Approval rating jumps back up to 51%, disapproval at 43%.

http://elections.nytimes.com/2008/president/whos-ahead/polling/index.html
Back on Sept. 22-24, 2008 Gallup had McCain tied with Obama at 46%.
Yes, national polls reflect what is happening in the states but in MANY battleground polls, Obama is hitting close to or at 50%.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/president/
Romney not only needs to win the undecideds but also convert some Obama voters. With his flippant 47% comments and his staff turning on each other (read the politico article), I don't see it happening. Romney actually is a bad debater in my opinion (10k bet, will you release your taxes? Maybe... I'm running for office for pete sake). I don't think he will live up to his heightened expectations.

Chris Christie is warming up to sing.

Jan 25, 2011
Don't be coy, what does it say that you think I'm missing? Is it the part where the media play up some boos that Ryan got at AARP, but glossed over the applause he got on other subjects?

I was referring to your statement about America being sick of the pro Obama media, then posting an article about the media in general as though it supports your opinion. Perhaps they are sick of the Fox News style noise that now masquerades as news?

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
I attempted to find other instances where the AARP audience booed the speaker, found none.

To be technically correct, I should have said "The AARP seems to be a very respectful audience, but not for Ryan. I can't recall them booing any other speaker."

All better?

That's right, I forgot it was the AARP officials who walked out on AARP members when asked tough questions about their support for Obamacare.
http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-311860

Jan 25, 2011

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
I was referring to your statement about America being sick of the pro Obama media, then posting an article about the media in general as though it supports your opinion. Perhaps they are sick of the Fox News style noise that now masquerades as news?

Sorry, I thought you had a clue about the article I posted earlier.

from that article:
Here's an example of what I'm talking about. On that same homepage at NBC News, here are the headlines for today:

Romney paid 14.1 percent effective tax rate in 2011
Obama's battleground advantage grows
Obama hits Romney on 47 percent: 'I don't see a lot of victims'
Ryan gets boos at AARP conference
Polls: Obama ahead in Colorado, Iowa and Wisconsin
Obama swipes at Romney over '47 percent' comments

[And yet we know that Romney also gave away $4 million last year to charity; that there are just as many polls showing Romney within the margin of error as show Obama ahead; and that Ryan was also applauded at the AARP conference—but there is no mention of those in the headlines. Apparently NBC feels we need to be reminded twice that Obama disagrees with Romney's '47 percent' comment.

Media bias in Obama's favor is obvious, why deny it?

http://www.amazon.com/Language-Thought-Action-Fifth-Edition/dp/0156482401
live it, love it, learn it.

Jan 25, 2011
Sorry, I thought you had a clue about the article I posted earlier.

from that article:

Media bias in Obama's favor is obvious, why deny it?

http://www.amazon.com/Language-Thoug.../dp/0156482401
live it, love it, learn it.

Again you are posting the authors opinion and asserting its the opinion of Americans. There is nothing in there that supports the claim it's specifically the "pro Obama" media.

Post a poll that actually says that and you'll finally have a supportable assertion. I'm guessing you can't do that.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
That's right, I forgot it was the AARP officials who walked out on AARP members when asked tough questions about their support for Obamacare.
http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-311860

Oh, wait... a Dallas audience refuses to be respectful of AARP spokespeople, which means that the AARP is disrespectful when leaving?

Shee-it, Sherlock- they wouldn't even let her speak her piece.

Nice selective edits, btw.

chowderhead

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 1999
New PPP Poll of must win Florida
Obama 50% (48%)
Romney 46% (47%)

Independent in Florida by a 58% to 37% margin thought the 47% comments were inappropriate

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Again you are posting the authors opinion and asserting its the opinion of Americans. There is nothing in there that supports the claim it's specifically the "pro Obama" media.

Post a poll that actually says that and you'll finally have a supportable assertion. I'm guessing you can't do that.

Like in this poll?
http://www.gallup.com/poll/157589/distrust-media-hits-new-high.aspx

or are you saying it doesn't apply because it doesn't specifically name "pro Obama" media?

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Oh, wait... a Dallas audience refuses to be respectful of AARP spokespeople, which means that the AARP is disrespectful when leaving?

Shee-it, Sherlock- they wouldn't even let her speak her piece.

Nice selective edits, btw.

They were AARP members. Just like the AARP members that booed Ryan were disrespectful, but he's a conservative and has the balls to keep speaking until he got cheers later.

Todd33

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2003
Somehow not mentioning cheering is newsworthy to the right. Here is a hint, cheering is standard at speeches, booing is not. One makes the news, the other doesn't.