GALLUP: Dems will desert if their candidate loses...

ntdz

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004
http://www.gallup.com/poll/105...on-Backers-McCain.aspx

A whopping 28% of Clinton supporters said they'd vote for McCain over Obama, that is INSANE! Honestly I can't believe this, Clinton and Obama are running on damn near the same principles, perhaps the only difference being a slight one on their health care plans...Just goes to show you how bitter this campaign has become. I think the only way to reunite the Dems would be an Obama-Clinton ticket, but I somehow don't see that happening b/c of the bitterness in this primary.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
So much for Obama's daily repeated claim that he can get Hillary's voters but she can't get his. Apparently neither of them can get each other's.

I wonder if these numbers continue like this after the nomination process is completed whether the "dream ticket" will be forced upon them?

The second graph confuses me. Among Barack Obama supporters, 3% would vote for McCain even if Obama gets the nomination? Huh? Same in the 3rd graph for Clinton as nom.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Great, ?Republicans? can win in November thanks to betraying our values in Senator McCain. It?s a chance of victory I can hardly stomach.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
I'm one of them :eek:

I'm sure people are going to say it's stupid (and this might not even make any sense because I'm tired as hell and practically delusionary with fever), but I just don't trust Obama... with Hillary, I can at least trust that she's going to lie to me and I think she's disingenuous on all the areas where I'd expect and want her to be (like Iraq). I can't buy into the ignore all your doubts and hope dogma from the Obamites, though.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
I think McCain should drop out and let's have a general election between Hillary and Obama.

:D

Feb 10, 2000
I'm wary of the significance of a poll like this that is taken so far before the election, and at a time that both candidates have just recently been suffering hits to their respective credibility. I generally support Obama, but will more than likely vote for Hillary if she is nominated (depending on how exactly she goes about securing the nomination).

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: bamacre
I think McCain should drop out and let's have a general election between Hillary and Obama.

she'd already be winning in terms of the electoral college :p

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: loki8481
Originally posted by: bamacre

she'd already be winning in terms of the electoral college :p

Only among Democrats. ;)