"Gallic Intifada"

SamurAchzar

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2006
Article

The inability to integrate and the appetite for destruction excercised by Muslims in France will eventually lead to a leap in the power of the extreme right. That will happen when Christian Europeans feel threatend by the Muslim minorities, and in fact, already happening.

As someone who's been to Europe many times and seen what's happening in cities like the Belgian Antwep, which is mentioned in the article as an example to the increase in the popularity of right extremists, I can't say I'm one bit surprised.

It's gonna get messy.

Narmer

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2006
Please STFU. You're fear-mongering will never work on those smart enough to see right through you.

--------------------------------------------------
I am debating on allowing you a week off to clean up your attitude and courtesy toward others.

The tone of your remarks was completely uncalled for.

Anandtech Moderator

SamurAchzar

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2006
Originally posted by: Narmer
Please STFU. You're fear-mongering will never work on those smart enough to see right through you.

I assume a smart person told you that?

Anyway, I'm just a spectator. I confess, I do somewhat enjoy seeing how the ongoing supportive policy of the French towards Muslims leads to their demise. If you'll ask the smart person you know who read the article for you, more than 50% of the prisoners in France are Muslims.
It was easy for France to support Muslims while the good of other nations was at stake, lets see how they react when it's their own balls on the line.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: SamurAchzar
Article

The inability to integrate and the appetite for destruction excercised by Muslims in France will eventually lead to a leap in the power of the extreme right. That will happen when Christian Europeans feel threatend by the Muslim minorities, and in fact, already happening.

As someone who's been to Europe many times and seen what's happening in cities like the Belgian Antwep, which is mentioned in the article as an example to the increase in the popularity of right extremists, I can't say I'm one bit surprised.

It's gonna get messy.

It is a common feature, a necessary corollary actually, of mental illness, that those with more extreme cases openly wish to see others infected with it too and to greater and greater degrees. The defining feature of the mentally ill is that their mental illness isn't sick but the highest form of truth. These sadder but wiser types are everywhere and are truly sad but not wise at all. Wisdom can't happen until we can grasp that there can never be any revenge. We can never redress the evil that's happened. We add only more hate. Bad people will never forgive so why should I. So we have our eye for an eye world, our gift to our beautiful children who get to inherit the fruits of our revenge.

There is only love.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Why did the Muslims immigrate to Europe in the first place? Obviously they came there of their own free will. If they don't like it there - as seems to be the case with at least some of them - why don't they move back to wherever they came from? Recent polls suggest that a large percentage of European Muslims are dissastisfied with their host countries and would move back to their homeland if they could. Well? What's the hold-up?

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
I confess, I do somewhat enjoy seeing how the ongoing supportive policy of the French towards Muslims leads to their demise. It was easy for France to support Muslims while the good of other nations was at stake, lets see how they react when it's their own balls on the line.

Just to be clear this muslim problem in France didn't just pop up after 9/11. It's been around for a long time. By "France to support Muslims" you mean not invading secular Iraq that is not supporting Muslims. France isn't all that caring towards Islam, just look at the head scarf issue. Your suggestion of poetic justice doesn't really apply.

Otherwise, yes, it's old news that many Muslims haven't been able to integrate into French culture while immigrants from other (mostly white and christian) backgrounds haven't had a problem.

SamurAchzar

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2006
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Article

It's gonna get messy.

It is a common feature, a necessary corollary actually, of mental illness, that those with more extreme cases openly wish to see others infected with it too and to greater and greater degrees. The defining feature of the mentally ill is that their mental illness isn't sick but the highest form of truth. These sadder but wiser types are everywhere and are truly sad but not wise at all. Wisdom can't happen until we can grasp that there can never be any revenge. We can never redress the evil that's happened. We add only more hate. Bad people will never forgive so why should I. So we have our eye for an eye world, our gift to our beautiful children who get to inherit the fruits of our revenge.

There is only love.

Next time, put your closing phrase in the beginning. It helps filtering useful messages, you know.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
I lived in Paris in the mid-80's to early 90's. There were already problems with the Muslim Arabs,

This is a disturbing article. Arnaud de Borchgrave is no hack. Sounds like things are very bad over there. Know that the french government & press usually suppresses bad news, reports of crime etc.

I doubt I could visit the Arab neighborhoods as I used to back then.

I am very surprised to hear of the "evolution" of the Front Nationale & Le Pen.

But Arab Muslim can integrate if they so choose. Many Arabs in the Magreb (North Africa, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia etc) arrive in France already speaking French. I worked with an Arab Muslim (Moroccan) in Paris, he was employed as a lawyer.

Yes, there will likely be much trouble down the road for many European Countries as a result of the potential radicalization of large Muslim Arab (or Turkish for Germany) immigrant populations.

Fern