Status
Not open for further replies.

adlep

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2001
At the Egg:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814162074

Review:
http://alienbabeltech.com/main/galaxys-gtx-560-ti-gc-introducing-nvidias-titanium-hunter

Another from HardOCP
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/01/25/galaxy_geforce_gtx_560_ti_gc_video_card_review

OC Review:
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/02/01/galaxy_geforce_gtx_560_ti_gc_overclocking_review/

I actually got one myself and I have to say that I like it. The card is about 1.5 inch smaller than my previous EVGA GTX260 and it is much quieter too - dual fans help with keeping it cool and quiet.
Witcher2 runs at 1920x1080, everything maxed out expect ubersampling (turned OFF).

Also, if you can sell your current GPU, your actual upgrade cost will be even lower. I've sold mine GTX 260 for $55.00, bringing my total cost of the Galaxy down to $140.00

Last edited:

llee

Golden Member
Oct 27, 2009
why does galaxy offer these huge mail-in-rebates? this definitely isn't the first time they've done something like this. marketing scheme?

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
why does galaxy offer these huge mail-in-rebates? this definitely isn't the first time they've done something like this. marketing scheme?

Yes. It is known that not everyone gets the rebate. Some just downright forget, or do something to invalidate themselves. The redemption rate varies with the value of the rebate. Low value rebates (probably under $10) has super low rates. Mid-value is probably around 30%. High value like these Galaxy rebates are probably more like 50-80%.

FWIW I got in on a Galaxy GTX 460 768MB that had two rebates adding up to $60, and I got them with no fuss (just took a while).

Cardio

Jun 11, 2003
Galaxy is very poor at honoring their rebates. Filing for them is complicated in the extreme and they often decline a rebate for no stated reason. I recently bought 2 Galaxy cards each with 2 rebates, one for $20 and one for $40. Rebates were allowed for two purchases. I filed the rebates at the same time exactly according to instructions. One was honored and one was declined. I called and held for a very long time and was told that I didn't mail the rebates in 4 separate envelopes. I said it did not say on the rebate forms to do so and was told that that information was on their website ! They may have saved $60 but they have lost a customer forever. Their products are also about as "flimsy" as you can imagine. The plastic cover on the cards looks and feels thin, cheap and is loosly attached to the card. In this case you do get what you pay for, or perhaps less.

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
I recently bought 2 Galaxy cards each with 2 rebates, one for $20 and one for $40. Rebates were allowed for two purchases. I filed the rebates at the same time exactly according to instructions. One was honored and one was declined. I called and held for a very long time and was told that I didn't mail the rebates in 4 separate envelopes. I said it did not say on the rebate forms to do so and was told that that information was on their website !

Dunno. I've seen in their rebate PDF that all rebates are to be mailed in separate envelopes or they won't be honored. I've also seen (I think Kingston) rebates that said all rebates must be mailed in SAME envelope or they won't be honored.

You gotta play by their rules.

--- Okay, just looking up some rebate PDFs ---

Kingston (checked multiple rebates)
LIMIT TWO rebate award(s) per product/person/household/receipt and address. If applying for more than one rebate, all submissions must be enclosed in same envelope. Multiple submissions mailed separately will be denied.

Galaxy rebate from December ($20+$40 dual rebates from Tiger Direct)
Only one rebate application per envelope.

I think they are pretty clear on this. FWIW I mailed my my multiple Galaxy rebates, and have received payment on them.

Tates

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 25, 2000
I've submitted two different rebates with Galaxy and both were recieved.

Latest was 2 x $30 on two of these exact same Galaxy GTX 560Ti's I purchased late March, just got my AMEX card for $60 today.

IMO, the cards work great, the build quaility is very good and the cooling setup is solid .

Bryf50

Golden Member
Nov 11, 2006
Wow this deal + 20 dollars off with 20FORFB. I don't think i can resist.

Edit: Yea I'm in. It's gonna be weird going back to the green camp.

Last edited:

qliveur

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2007
Galaxy is very poor at honoring their rebates. Filing for them is complicated in the extreme and they often decline a rebate for no stated reason. I recently bought 2 Galaxy cards each with 2 rebates, one for $20 and one for $40. Rebates were allowed for two purchases. I filed the rebates at the same time exactly according to instructions. One was honored and one was declined. I called and held for a very long time and was told that I didn't mail the rebates in 4 separate envelopes. I said it did not say on the rebate forms to do so and was told that that information was on their website ! They may have saved $60 but they have lost a customer forever. Their products are also about as "flimsy" as you can imagine. The plastic cover on the cards looks and feels thin, cheap and is loosly attached to the card. In this case you do get what you pay for, or perhaps less.
The above is complete BS. I got both of the rebates on my Galaxy GTX 460 from last December, and I specifically remember the "separate envelopes" clause. It was one of the best hardware deals that I got in on last year. There's nothing wrong with the build quality, either.

You shouldn't be spreading FUD simply because you failed to read the fine print.

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
FWIW I got Galaxy GTS250 with $50 rebate and had no problems with it. Filling out on the website takes a bit more hassle, but I did get my rebate.

In any case a very nice deal for a card with aftermarket cooling solution.

Raider1284

Aug 17, 2006
If you're going to post reviews you have got to at least post the review on anandtech!

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4135/nvidias-geforce-gtx-560-ti-upsetting-the-250-market/5

Random sidenote: what in the world is the point of hardocp reviews? How are you supposed to compare performance between different cards if they test them all with completely different settings?!!? In my opinion, those reviews are almost completely worthless.

This is a killer deal though, thanks OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.