Gainward Geforce2 GTS Pro/450

lospman

Aug 8, 2001
I recently purchased this card. The main reason that I bought it is because for the price (164.00 shipped from Newegg.com) I thought it was the best value. With the 4.5ns memory it should help with the bottleneck problems related to the GTS chipset. I have not been able to find a single review of this card and even Gainwards website only mentions the older Geforce2 GTS Pro/400. Anyone know anything about this card? Anyone know where to get bios and other updates for this card? I emailed Gainward about 2 weeks ago and still have not heard back.

Thanks!!!!

CaiNaM

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 2000
why do you want to update the bios? messing with video bios risky and often unneeded unless there is a specific problem that needs addressed with a bios update. if it works, don't mess with it... and what other updates are you looking for?

it's the same card as the pro/400 but with 4.5ns mem instead of 5ns - they're all reference boards.

CaiNaM

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 2000
why do you want to update the bios? messing with video bios risky and often unneeded unless there is a specific problem that needs addressed with a bios update. if it works, don't mess with it... and what other updates are you looking for?

it's the same card as the pro/400 but with 4.5ns mem instead of 5ns - they're all reference boards.

also I emailed support@gainward.com twice and rec'd replies the same day both times...