gainward 4400?

spp

Golden Member
Jul 9, 2001
from what I have heard in this forum and the user reviews on newegg.... it seems that there are a lot of defective cards out there..... so should i take the risk on getting one? or should i pick another brand (msi...) or another reseller?

thanks

GMC

Apr 26, 2002
Well I was one of the many that had problems. The problem was (according to Gainward) a batch of bad memory. They say that they have fixed the problem. But that also means that there might be some bad cards out there still. Because it's a hardware problem it has nothing to do with new newegg (unless their shipment was just a bad batch). Since all the GeForce 4 ti 4400 cards perform about the same, go with the best bundle. Both newegg and gainward have been great about RMAing but still not worth the hassle. just my $.02.

GMC

HeatMiser

Mar 17, 2002
I purchased a Gainward 4400 from newegg. The first one was faulty, so I spoke with both newegg and gainward about replacing it. Both would do it, practically no questions asked. The gainward people were actually pretty apologetic, but just said "this is a hard card to make."

In the end, I had gainward replace it. Just put the new one in yesterday and having no problems. It's an unfortunate situation, but at least it was taken care of quickly and to my satisfaction (it took about a week). I think you'll find some of the posts at newegg saying the same thing.

Good luck

John

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Considering you will have "luck of the draw", I would rather have a LeadTek ti4400. Check out the reviews and the massive cooling it has. Mine will o/c to 305/685 stable.

spp

Golden Member
Jul 9, 2001
thanks for all the replies...... i want a card with VIVO... soi'm definitely going with either gainward or msi.....
and i guess if i am going with gainward i need to wait for a while until the good batches arrive..

is msi as good as gainward? that might be an alternative for me

thanks

Mavrick007

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2001
I have heard that people are overclocking their MSI Ti4400 to higher speeds than the Gainward version.
Check out some reviews.

spp

Golden Member
Jul 9, 2001
from what i've read... gainward is still clocked higher..... can anyone point me to a review where msi is rated higher than gainward? (i doln't really care about the 20 dollars difference as long as the quality is good)..