gahh im pissed.

guapo337

Platinum Member
Apr 7, 2003
/rant

alright... a while ago i posted about how my dad bought a fvcking 1963 land rover. yeah. nothing wrong with that, right? oh wait, let me add: as a primary car. mhmm. thats right. a primary car. so, for the record, my family has two cars. well, three:

the first (and the one that doesnt count) is a 1991 isuzu trooper w/ 200,000 miles, and a broken clutch (i.e. it doesnt work)

the second is the land rover, which has a number of problems, besides the fact that you cant hear anyone when you talk in it, as well as the fact that it only fits two people

the third is a 1998 VW New Beetle. this is the one practical car which we own. well, sort of practical. fits four people (we have five in our family). it also is front wheel drive. we live in maine. we need AWD.

yeah, i could buy a car of my own. except i pay ALL expenses, and they have placed huge restraints on how/if i get a car. rather stupid if you ask me. i complain about the cars we have, and i get the "well dont drive them" response. i need to drive them to get place. i love the bug. i can barely drive the other two.

they have been considering purchasing a inexpensive AWD 4/5 person car, and have been on and off about it. when we had two cars that worked, we had enough problems making sure everyone got where they wanted to. now that we have a semi-working 2 seater landrover and the bug, it's even worse. they barely budge.

god damnit.

ways to sway them?

/rant

Ime

Diamond Member
May 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Eli
How old are you?

One word: Subaru.

I'm guessing not very, I can barely understand his rambling. Something about "Mommy and Daddy won't let me have the car I want, so I'm going to whine about it on ATOT.", I think.

Mloot

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2002
Yeah, get some old, cheap Subaru AWD to get you around. Didn't the Justy come with an AWD option?

guapo337

Platinum Member
Apr 7, 2003
yeah believe me. im thinking subaru. and i am 16.

and, uh, Ime. Did you read the post? I am not whining in the least bit about not getting the car I want. I'm whining about the practicality of the cars we have. dont be an idiot.

Mloot

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2002
Do you have a rough budget in mind if you go shopping for your own car? If you could get a good deal on an older Subaru SVX AWD, you could be riding in style. Those were pretty sweet back in the day.

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
Borrow a really nice car from a friend or someone you know after telling them the whole story and use it sometime with your parents. Then they'll see what driving one of those feels like :)

Many times people haven't seen what the better stuff is like so they in a way don't believe it works or exists.

guapo337

Platinum Member
Apr 7, 2003
Originally posted by: AgaBooga
Borrow a really nice car from a friend or someone you know after telling them the whole story and use it sometime with your parents. Then they'll see what driving one of those feels like :)

Many times people haven't seen what the better stuff is like so they in a way don't believe it works or exists.

hahahaha i love it.

yeah i looked at the SVX. it seems to expensive for what i can scrape together, although it's sweet. i'm thinking under 3k for everything if i buy my own. i dont NEED AWD. but as a family car, we'd need it.

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
Originally posted by: guapo337
Originally posted by: AgaBooga

hahahaha i love it.

yeah i looked at the SVX. it seems to expensive for what i can scrape together, although it's sweet. i'm thinking under 3k for everything if i buy my own. i dont NEED AWD. but as a family car, we'd need it.

The SVX is sporty and the insurance will be insane... a Legacy AWD or WRX would be much better..