Gah, emigrantdirect dropped to 4.65% APY!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Originally posted by: Naustica
Originally posted by: Svnla
I am going to put all my money into Countrywide because they are paying 5.30% APY and it is FDIC insured.

I don't work or know anyone who works for Countrywide.

Countrywide and Etrade are desperate for deposits and money. Hence the higher rate.

So? As long as they are FDIC insured and pay the high rate, then I am in.

SoulAssassin

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Naustica
Originally posted by: FrustratedUser
Originally posted by: SoulAssassin
CD time

QFT

No, it's pay off all your existing debt time with savings. We're going to be in for some rough time next year and the best way to thrive in this kind of environment is to be debt free or close to it as possible.

WTF are you doing with debt in a savings thread? If it's not at 0% please GTFO.

In related news, on Monday I paid off the last of my 0% offers from my most recent app-o-rama. It's weird only investing with my money. :) Gonna let things rest for a while and let my FICO get back up there. There's still money to be made with credit card arbitrage but now seems like a good time to take a break.

SoulAssassin

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2001
Originally posted by: thomsbrain
Etrade is currently at 5.05%, and offering 6-month CDs for 5.18%.

Just another reason they are tops for online savings, IMO. At this point, I think it is highly unlikely that they will be bought or go bankrupt.

FNBO Direct is also 5.05 and they have a 9 month at 5.25. After their 6% promo ended I've just left what was there with them...wasn't worth the loss of a couple days interest to move it.

Carbo

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2000
I'm getting a 12% return on my money with private mortgage investing. And have been for the past two years or so. Safe, secure, and short term.