Gabrielle Douglas wins the Individual All-Around Gold Medal..Stormfront cries AA!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
I am shocked!!! A white supremacist website brings up an olympic gold medal winners race! What has this world come to.

JACKHAMMER

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Sorry, I'm pretty tired so I didn't read your post properly last time, didn't mean to dodge the question.

Sure, she is. That's her race, subspecies, breed, genetic cluster, whatever you wanna call it. Usually race is used afaik, but use whichever term you prefer idc. Not sure what your point is? Negroid is more accurate than African since North-Africans ("Super-Saharans"?) are Caucasian.

Anyway, here you go:
/snip/

Genetic race most certainly is real, so I don't see the point in being all PC about it and denying it. I think the narrower hips of Negroids may have something to do with this thread, but idc tbh.

Not that I necessarily disagree, there are certainly genetic differences between different human populations. But, that Nature article makes not mention of race, nor was that the research purpose. They went to find differences between European populations, selected the SNPs that gave them the highest degree of selectivity, and then showed it could be selective. Not really that groundbreaking, and certainly doesn't support that idea that those European grouping are subspecies, or what ever term you use.

Regardless, subspecies are typically defined as groups that do not breed in nature usually due to geographic separation. Last time I checked, that reproductive barrier has been removed between human populations, thus it would be inappropriate to use it here.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Well sorry for bringing it up. Everybody else is allowed to talk about whatever they want in the politics section. Shame on me for wanting to discuss this. Perhaps I should make a thread on the Muslim Brotherhood.

Why do I read Stormfront? I don't know...I also read black nationalist sites (I am black, btw)...its just interesting to see how these people think. I just found this particular thread to be quite amusing.

In particular, the reason I posted here was to see what people thought about it. I've read many comments where people have insinuated that Gabby took the Gold because she was black. However, the scores don't lie and she won fair and square. I did not bring up race, the people of Stormfront did and I only wanted to have a conversation about it. But, since Im being attacked for posting here, I guess I will just apologize for wanting to participate in the community.

There is nothing PC about my OP, I don't even know what you mean by that.

Last edited:

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
Well sorry for bringing it up. Everybody else is allowed to talk about whatever they want in the politics section. Shame on me for wanting to discuss this. Perhaps I should make a thread on the Muslim Brotherhood.

Why do I read Stormfront? I don't know...I also read black nationalist sites (I am black, btw)...its just interesting to see how these people think. I just found this particular thread to be quite amusing.

It is an intelligent thing to read opposing viewpoints with a willingness to understand an issue from another perspective - you should continue to do this. That being said, a neo-Nazi site (if that's what it is - never visited myself) is probably just going to be a cesspool of idiotic ramblings, and is likely a waste of time.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
1st) who gives a flying fuck what the racist on Stormfront says.

2) i know a bit about Gymnastics. my daughter has been on a team for a few years. She practices about 15 hours a week. My son did jr gymnastics until the place cut the male portion. he was not hapy. but found teakwondo and is doing great.

3) Gabby won. no question about it. she nailed the all around portion. She was great! the 2 russians were good but made mistakes. Personally it hink they scored wrong on aly and she got screwed on the bronze

4) again who gives a flying fuck what stormfront says? they will justify how they think no matter what.

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
She is a superb US athlete and US citizen that has brought home gold for our gymnastic team and that is all that matters.

Throwing in race is into any discussion about her winning the gold only devalues her individual efforts in addition to being stupid and intentionally divisive by both sides who want to turn this into a race issue for some moronic reason.

Next thing you know idiots will be attempting to link political reasons behind this stupid debate.

E.G.,
Stormfront is Latin for GOP base

Last edited:

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
It is an intelligent thing to read opposing viewpoints with a willingness to understand an issue from another perspective - you should continue to do this. That being said, a neo-Nazi site (if that's what it is - never visited myself) is probably just going to be a cesspool of idiotic ramblings, and is likely a waste of time.

Extremism is an interesting topic to study in its own right, if for no other reason than because today's fringe view could be tomorrow's growing nightmare. I used to read Stormfront quite a bit for that reason.

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
Where's Spidey to defend Stormfront?

He is practicing the real american "eyes wide open; senses fully aware" look in his moms bathroom mirror while clutching his pistol and tiny manhood under his pale sweaty beerbelly while simultaneously posting his indigent frothing right wing neckbeard outrage on the site already.

He should be taking the trash out for mom. But, you know how he rolls.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Gabby Douglas is proof that slavery was the best thing to ever happen to Africans.

Without inclusion in a white society, and access to all of the advancements and hard-won technology present in white societies, black Africans could never achieve anything worthwhile.

Her victory is actually just another testament to white superiority. There are a billion Africans on the planet, yet the only ones who succeed in any real way are those who benefit from white culture.

haha

Spungo

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2012
I added the lol comment. Do you think its intelligent to refer to Gabby as a "negro","negroid",or a "negress"? By the end of today, there will be more posts in this forum about her race getting her the victory. Just wait.
I don't know if that's a real word but I love it!

Gabby Douglas is proof that slavery was the best thing to ever happen to Africans.

Without inclusion in a white society, and access to all of the advancements and hard-won technology present in white societies, black Africans could never achieve anything worthwhile.
Don't people from Kenya regularly win marathons?

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
Extremism is an interesting topic to study in its own right, if for no other reason than because today's fringe view could be tomorrow's growing nightmare. I used to read Stormfront quite a bit for that reason.

Extremism cuts both ways as evident by some of the posts in this thread.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Why do we care what is happening on Stormfront again?

The fringe base of the (D) party is just as bad.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
I don't know if that's a real word but I love it!

Don't people from Kenya regularly win marathons?

Yes, but without the White man's technological advancements in the field of running, Kenyans would not be winning anything. :rolleyes:

Leon

Platinum Member
Nov 14, 1999
Whats next? Fishing some Stalin/Lenin warshipping threads from RevLeft and posting it here?

Leon

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
I thought her performance was excellent and she nailed the landings on her floor routine. My question is, why the hell is the OP reading stormfront anyway? Why cares what that trash thinks or posts anyway?
This. Please. Revealing Stormfront's views on anything helps no one but Stormfront.

berzerker60

Golden Member
Jul 18, 2012
The fringe base of the (D) party is just as bad.
I'm not sure they are. I mean, they're equally stupid, no doubt, but are there actually any leftist hate groups? There's a lot of snarky, assholish atheists I guess, but I've not heard much of atheist hate groups in the sense of violent ones, and plenty of atheists are libertarian types anyway. Once upon a time I guess there were USSR apologists, but not really any significant amount of those for decades now.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
I'm not sure they are. I mean, they're equally stupid, no doubt, but are there actually any leftist hate groups? There's a lot of snarky, assholish atheists I guess, but I've not heard much of atheist hate groups in the sense of violent ones, and plenty of atheists are libertarian types anyway. Once upon a time I guess there were USSR apologists, but not really any significant amount of those for decades now.
Hmm. If only we had some way to identify the leanings of those people throwing red paint on little old ladies in fur coats, or taking dumps on police cars, or burning homes in "wilderness areas", or blowing up automobile dealerships, or calling for Dick Cheney's murder, or saying some Republican's family ought to be stoned . . .

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Hmm. If only we had some way to identify the leanings of those people throwing red paint on little old ladies in fur coats, or taking dumps on police cars, or burning homes in "wilderness areas", or blowing up automobile dealerships, or calling for Dick Cheney's murder, or saying some Republican's family ought to be stoned . . .

Those people are definitely stupid, and criminal in many cases, but there isn't quite the same history and sense of scale that there is behind groups like Stormfront, the KKK, etc. Eco-terrorist types are definitely bad news, but when have they exercised their stupidity on a national or international scale? The legacy of eco-nuts is small groups of idiots staging attention grabbing acts and not much else. The legacy of Stormfront is nation-wide groups of people with armies and police actively trying to enslave or exterminate entire races and groups of people.

I think we'd be better off without ALL those idiots, to be honest. But I'm more concerned about groups like Stormfront because of the history they represent, a history that's NOT equally distributed among extremist groups.