Gabrielle Douglas wins the Individual All-Around Gold Medal..Stormfront cries AA!

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
For anyone who was following the US Gymnastics team, you know how spectacular this girl is. She came onto the team and people didnt have much confidence in her. The judges made negative statements about her performance being iffy. Gabby started off having really bad nerves, she performed well in training but cracked a bit under pressure. However, getting that spot on Team USA has certainly changed her. She came to the Olympics to win and she did.

Here is the story from the HuffPo: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...lympics_n_1733692.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Also, in all of this glory...the wonderful idiots at Stormfront have found a way to discredit this girl saying that the runner up was "Robbed" and "Affirmative Action strikes again (lol)".

I wanted to make it clear that the Russian girl did not win because 1) Her spirit sucks (I hope this was a factor..) 2) She botched her landing on the vault. 3) She chose to do an easy floor routine that was rather artistic but lacked difficulty...this cost her the Medal and I think she would have won it otherwise.

I don't know if I should bother linking to the Stormfront thread, those people are too wrapped up in their BS. IMO, they are no better than black people who play the race card.
I mean...AA in the Olympics? She only won because she was black? Alright.

/rant

bradley

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2000
I'm not much of a fan of gymnastics, but this girl is extremely impressive. Not to mention, she's also painfully cute, even more so than Shawn Johnson.

Apparently her nick is the "flying squirrel," but she looks more like a field mouse to me. She's definitely one of the top 10 faces of the London Olympics.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
I'm not much of a fan of gymnastics, but this girl is extremely impressive. Not to mention, she's also painfully cute, even more so than Shawn Johnson.

Apparently her nick is the "flying squirrel," but she looks more like a field mouse to me. She's definitely one of the top 10 faces of the London Olympics.

They call her that because of how high she flies in her routines. Shes very impressive and Im glad she won. Also, I found out that the only left her coaches in her hometown in 2010 to pursue more Olympic oriented coaching...so, within two years she was already an All-Star..wow!

MrMuppet

Jun 26, 2012
Also, in all of this glory...the wonderful idiots at Stormfront have found a way to discredit this girl saying that the runner up was "Robbed" and "Affirmative Action strikes again (lol)".
I don't know (and frankly don't care about the Olympics, it's mindless entertainment to me), but why is it this thread (at AnandTech) I find when I google "Affirmative Action strikes again (lol)" instead of one at Stormfront? Besides, "Affirmative Action strikes again (lol)" sounds more resigned than like a serious comment to me.

Perhaps an Asian should judge? :awe:

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
I don't know (and frankly don't care about the Olympics, it's mindless entertainment to me), but why is it this thread (at AnandTech) I find when I google "Affirmative Action strikes again (lol)" instead of one at Stormfront? Besides, "Affirmative Action strikes again (lol)" sounds more resigned than like a serious comment.

Perhaps you should have an Asian judge?

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t904480/

The title is much different, thats why.

MrMuppet

Jun 26, 2012
http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t904480/

The title is much different, thats why.
Glanced through it quickly, out of 28 comments two suspected AA. Most just liked the White girl better (duh). Some comments even were intelligent, like:

"Did a negro win something in a sport not commonly associated with 'negroid excellence'? Just shows there's a bell curve for negroes and that some negroes will be at the upper end of it, that's all."

Stormfront didn't cry AA, two members did... tempest in a teapot. Can we move along now?

edit: Oh, and that comment didn't have the "(lol)" bit, perhaps it was edited out?

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Glanced through it quickly, out of 28 comments two suspected AA. Most just liked the White girl better (duh). Some comments even were intelligent, like:

"Did a negro win something in a sport not commonly associated with 'negroid excellence'? Just shows there's a bell curve for negroes and that some negroes will be at the upper end of it, that's all."

Stormfront didn't cry AA, two members did... tempest in a teapot. Can we move along now?

edit: Oh, and that comment didn't have the "(lol)" bit, perhaps it was edited out?

I added the lol comment. Do you think its intelligent to refer to Gabby as a "negro","negroid",or a "negress"? By the end of today, there will be more posts in this forum about her race getting her the victory. Just wait.

And if you read more in the thread, people are hinting at Gabby winning the medal because she was black. One person even mentions "quota" points. Its absolutely hilarious how the people on this website think. She won fair and square and they can go online to see why Komova didnt win.

Do you post there or something? Im just curious, you seem to be on the defensive for them. I wasnt trying to start a debate, just pointing out their silliness...

MrMuppet

Jun 26, 2012
I added the lol comment. Do you think its intelligent to refer to Gabby as a "negro","negroid",or a "negress"? By the end of today, there will be more posts in this forum about her race getting her the victory. Just wait.

And if you read more in the thread, people are hinting at Gabby winning the medal because she was black. One person even mentions "quota" points. Its absolutely hilarious how the people on this website think. She won fair and square and they can go online to see why Komova didnt win.

Do you post there or something? Im just curious, you seem to be on the defensive for them. I wasnt trying to start a debate, just pointing out their silliness...
No, calling a spade a spade is neutral. I wouldn't have been surprised to see the N word, but apparently they're more eloquent than that. It was the bell-curve bit, obviously and it's perfectly sound logic.

I'm just skeptical of anything PC and I like to exercise my right to right-click and "Google..." a lot. You made the thread so I assumed you wanted to discuss.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
No, calling a spade a spade is neutral. I wouldn't have been surprised to see the N word, but apparently they're more eloquent than that. It was the bell-curve bit, obviously and it's perfectly sound logic.

I'm just skeptical of anything PC and I like to exercise my right to right-click and "Google..." a lot. You made the thread so I assumed you wanted to discuss.

What is PC about her winning the Medal? Thats great...you utilize Google. I wasnt trying to get into a battle of wits about what is PC and what isnt. I don't think there was anything racially motivated about Gabrielle winning the medal, she is a talented athlete and she has been working hard towards winning this medal. To have her accomplish so much and then having some numbskull on Stormfront say it was "Affirmative Action" is a little disheartening. For a website that prides itself of not buying into the BS perpetrated by the media and what not...its a little funny that they play the race card when attempting to "discuss" topics.

BTW, Ive seen the N word there a few times but it is not an allowed word. So you will mostly see it bleeped out. So,...you agree that Gabrielle is a "Negroid", "Negro", and a "Negress"? I mean, is this language you use to describe people? Calling a spade a spade? I am really just trying to figure out if you think this is normal language to describe somebody.

Every once in a while, there are a few people on that site that don't play the race card every chance they get. I enjoy reading posts from those people, but in general...I see stupid threads like the one on Gabby get started.

I watched it myself. Komova was way better than Douglas. I thought something fishy was afoot, sure enough later on they outright stated that Douglas became the first ever African-American woman to be earn the women's gymnastics all-around title.

That's why she got it, you can bank on that.

Is that negro trying to turn her medal into a grill before she even gets home?

Idiot doesn't know that the medal chomping was done by white athletes too.

That is one fugly Negress.

If that is any consolation. The white Russian will probably get more deals. No one wants to look at Douglas for too long.

Oh. Okay.

Last edited:

MrMuppet

Jun 26, 2012
Your thread is PC.

I never saw her perform, so I can't comment on her ability. I'm sure both she and the Russian girl worked very hard.

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I thought her performance was excellent and she nailed the landings on her floor routine. My question is, why the hell is the OP reading stormfront anyway? Why cares what that trash thinks or posts anyway?

manimal

Lifer
Mar 30, 2007
stormfront AA

I thought we were talking about a videogame and antialienassing.

StrangerGuy

Diamond Member
May 9, 2004
I dunno what is worse: white neo-nazi groups doing their hatin' or people still making a big deal out of race.

MrMuppet

Jun 26, 2012
BTW, Ive seen the N word there a few times but it is not an allowed word. So you will mostly see it bleeped out. So,...you agree that Gabrielle is a "Negroid", "Negro", and a "Negress"? I mean, is this language you use to describe people? Calling a spade a spade? I am really just trying to figure out if you think this is normal language to describe somebody.
Sorry, I'm pretty tired so I didn't read your post properly last time, didn't mean to dodge the question.

Sure, she is. That's her race, subspecies, breed, genetic cluster, whatever you wanna call it. Usually race is used afaik, but use whichever term you prefer idc. Not sure what your point is? Negroid is more accurate than African since North-Africans ("Super-Saharans"?) are Caucasian.

Anyway, here you go:

Race: a social destruction of a biological concept
www.ln.edu.hk/philoso/staff/sesardic/getfile.php?file=Race.pdf

Prof. Henry Harpending on the matter:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pNn3gOELAg

Genetic clustering in the US in practice:

"Subjects identified themselves as belonging to one of four major racial/ethnic groups (white, African American, East Asian, and Hispanic) and were recruited from 15 different geographic locales within the United States and Taiwan. Genetic cluster analysis of the microsatellite markers produced four major clusters, which showed near-perfect correspondence with the four self-reported race/ethnicity categories. Of 3,636 subjects of varying race/ethnicity, only 5 (0.14%) showed genetic cluster membership different from their self-identified race/ethnicity. On the other hand, we detected only modest genetic differentiation between different current geographic locales within each race/ethnicity group. Thus, ancient geographic ancestry, which is highly correlated with self-identified race/ethnicity—as opposed to current residence—is the major determinant of genetic structure in the U.S. population."

Genetic Structure, Self-Identified Race/Ethnicity, and Confounding in Case-Control Association Studies
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1196372/

How PCA looks:

ejhg2008210f2.jpg

http://www.nature.com/ejhg/journal/v16/n12/full/ejhg2008210a.html

Genetic race most certainly is real, so I don't see the point in being all PC about it and denying it. I think the narrower hips of Negroids may have something to do with this thread, but idc tbh.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2011
What is Stormfront and why should we care what they think?

Kind of my thought. If you want to post stupid shit from other forums on here you will be quite busy. I'm fairly certain just about everyone on this board doesn't frequent that site, nor do we care what they have to say.

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
I was going to say, why in the world does the OP give a shit about what people on Stormfront think? It's a neo-Nazi message board, everything they say is stupid.

May 13, 2009
Kind of my thought. If you want to post stupid shit from other forums on here you will be quite busy. I'm fairly certain just about everyone on this board doesn't frequent that site, nor do we care what they have to say.

This.

Better question is why is OP reading that garbage?

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I don't know (and frankly don't care about the Olympics, it's mindless entertainment to me), but why is it this thread (at AnandTech) I find when I google "Affirmative Action strikes again (lol)" instead of one at Stormfront? Besides, "Affirmative Action strikes again (lol)" sounds more resigned than like a serious comment to me.

Perhaps an Asian should judge? :awe:

I used to feel the same way, but late last night I was channel surfing and stumbled across women's volleyball.

peonyu

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2003
What do you expect, the site is Stormfront. Its like being surprised that the Black Panthers are Pro-Obama and hate Romney..