GA-H67MA-UD2H - F6 BIOS won't install.

Synomenon

Lifer
Dec 25, 2004
I have a GA-H67MA-UD2H. Tried installing the F6 BIOS by placing the BIOS file on a USB flash drive and running the q-flash program during boot. I get a message though that the new BIOS is incorrect or invalid. Has anyone else experienced this?

I formatted the USB flash drive to FAT32 and the only thing on it is the F6 BIOS file.

How do I flash this F6 BIOS? I don't want to flash from within Windows.

MrTransistorm

May 25, 2003
From what I've read, you have to flash F6 or higher from within Windows using @BIOS. Apparently you also need to use the latest version of @BIOS (get from Gigabyte website*).

* Their site even says, "Please use the latest @BIOS or FLASHSPI.EXE to reflash BIOS." FLASHSPI.EXE should work too, but I think you need a bootable USB stick with DOS to run it.

Synomenon

Lifer
Dec 25, 2004
Just noticed the red text on the side too. I'll try the bootable USB flash drive with FLASHSPI.exe.

MrTransistorm

May 25, 2003
Just noticed the red text on the side too. I'll try the bootable USB flash drive with FLASHSPI.exe.
Let us know how that goes. I personally feel more comfortable about flashing outside of Windows, so I'd like to try the DOS method (if it works) when my UD7 gets here next week.

I think I also read somewhere that after you update to F6 or newer, then subsequent BIOS updates work with qflash.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I can't recall if I tried FLASHSPI on my UD3P. I ended up using @BIOS to install the F6a update.