GA governor is another piece of work...

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Now that the wheels are coming off in GA, and COVID-45 cases are out of control, the governor has at least stepped back from not allowing cities to mandate masks...

Except on private property, which would include every grocery, etc. but the most WTF moment is that he has banned masks in polling places! Yep, another repukeian that is working to prevent people from voting.

I'm sure GA runs polling places like most states, and hire thousands of temp workers for election day. I can hear the training now. You are going to be inside the polling place all day long, with possibly a long line of people coming to cast their vote. However, NO ONE is allowed to wear a mask. Have a good day.

Of course that is part of the plan, Boards of Elections will not be able to hire enough people to open polling stations.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Imagine that, Repubs are pulling out all the stops toward cheating their way to victory and my guess is none of them, well maybe two, three of the lowlife bottom feeders will get any jail time if at all.

Klepto Kent being one of the worst. He's a perfect example of the kind of sleaze that's going to spread out over the nation should Trump stay right where he is for the next upcoming term.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Now that the wheels are coming off in GA, and COVID-45 cases are out of control, the governor has at least stepped back from not allowing cities to mandate masks...
Covid-45? is that the upscale version of the virus? :eek: :p

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
It's mostly older people who work as election judges.

If they don't have enough election judges, they'll have to close multiple precincts, requiring people to travel farther while waiting in lines longer.

Everything is working as intended.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Kemp and DeSantis are in tight contention for the worst/stupidest governor of the mid-pandemic.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Article citation, for those curious:

While I get it in some sense (a mask requirement could be considered a poll tax of sorts, though it is a paper thin argument especially in the midst of a pandemic ) the appropriate thing, if anything, would be for the state to provide funding so counties could provide masks free of charge at polling places.
Yes, costs money and additional logistics. But that would be a much better way to conduct an election. If you want an election, that is.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
While I get it in some sense (a mask requirement could be considered a poll tax of sorts, though it is a paper thin argument especially in the midst of a pandemic ) the appropriate thing, if anything, would be for the state to provide funding so counties could provide masks free of charge at polling places.
Yes, costs money and additional logistics. But that would be a much better way to conduct an election. If you want an election, that is.
Considering most places don't care if you're even just wearing a shirt tied around your face, I find the idea of facemasks being a poll tax to be thinner than my patience for non-mask wearers. Nevermind the fact the polling sites could just provide masks, as you said. They aren't that expensive.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
While I have nothing nice to say about Brian Kemp, the OP is wrong. Barring a mask mandate for voting is not the same as barring masks. I would have a big issue with a mask mandate for voting absent a consistently applied statewide mandate prior to the election. Even though I would sure rather everyone wear a mask, such a mandate would have far too much impact on voter participation.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Covid-45? is that the upscale version of the virus? :eek: :p
the 45 is in honor of the fucking bastard that is responsible for 10's of thousands of death due to his incompetence, and his fuck you response to this killer.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Every time I see him create another blunder I can't help but remember what Rex said about him early on.