g/f's bike stolen any suggestions on what to do?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

NanoStuff

Banned
Mar 23, 2006
How much time are you willing to waste looking for a $120 bike? Work it off for a few hours instead and it's the equivalent outcome. My $1000 bike was stolen not too long ago. I just decided not to have nice things after that :) Makes life easier.

aceO07

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2000
Do they have any cameras for that area? Maybe it was caught on tape?

If I stole a bike, not that I ever would, I wouldn't sell it on craigslist. There's a good chance the owner would buy it and offer a beating.

BKLounger

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2006
Originally posted by: aceO07
Do they have any cameras for that area? Maybe it was caught on tape?

If I stole a bike, not that I ever would, I wouldn't sell it on craigslist. There's a good chance the owner would buy it and offer a beating.

they have camera's on the walking path in the station so the police are going to check the cameras (they said) and if they are able to id the person they will give me a call.

but I have already given up hope so i had the g/f find a cheap bike on craigslist and will pick it up tommorow.

RollWave

Diamond Member
May 20, 2003
Whoa those Dahon bikes are freaking sweet. I may have to snag one of those....I miss having a bike!

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
Originally posted by: RollWave
Whoa those Dahon bikes are freaking sweet. I may have to snag one of those....I miss having a bike!

Yep they are. Its nice that they will fit in a backpack pretty easily as well. No more worrying about your bike because it will always be glued to you.

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
How exactly did she have it locked? Did they cut/break the lock or do something else to get it off?

Just had a thought of the PeeWee Herman scene where he locks up his bike and has it stolen. Classic.

kindest

Platinum Member
Dec 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Kelemvor
How exactly did she have it locked? Did they cut/break the lock or do something else to get it off?

Just had a thought of the PeeWee Herman scene where he locks up his bike and has it stolen. Classic.

heh.

ya i was thinkin the same thing.. what kind of lock did she have..
they have like unbreakable locks out there now adays..