G-d Damned homeless people.... :|

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Jellomancer
1) Moron leaves car unlocked AND doesn't turn the alarm on
2) Homeless guy steals moron's money
3) Moron gets mad because homeless guy didn't just leave a note on his windshield "You forgot to lock your door"
3) Moron sets a trap for the homeless guy and beats him to death
4) Moron goes to jail for 20 years because his address is easily found and reported to the police

moron thinks it is owner's fault that homeless guy jacked his sh!t.

you people are so DUMB! the fact that he forgot to lock his door is IRRELEVANT. the homeless guy should not have been stealing anything, PERIOD.

i'm all for beating his ass into submission, just make sure you stick something in his hands to make it "self defense" :D

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: gopunk
Originally posted by: Jellomancer
1) Moron leaves car unlocked AND doesn't turn the alarm on
2) Homeless guy steals moron's money
3) Moron gets mad because homeless guy didn't just leave a note on his windshield "You forgot to lock your door"
3) Moron sets a trap for the homeless guy and beats him to death
4) Moron goes to jail for 20 years because his address is easily found and reported to the police

moron thinks it is owner's fault that homeless guy jacked his sh!t.

you people are so DUMB! the fact that he forgot to lock his door is IRRELEVANT. the homeless guy should not have been stealing anything, PERIOD.

i'm all for beating his ass into submission, just make sure you stick something in his hands to make it "self defense" :D
drag him into your apartment and say it was self-defense!

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Mani
Just be thankful the homeless dude didn't take anything more valuable than a couple of bucks worth of change - I really don't understand how you're so worked up about this.

Sounds like you've never had anything stolen from you, or any of your property vandalized. It can be a very upsetting experience (just ask notfred..)

smp

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2000
LIsten here Jerboy!
LOCK YOUR CAR DOOR.

.... and read my sig.

AND .. how do you know he was homeless? Maybe it was your neighbour.

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
don't hit him in the head, cause he will probably bleed all over you, and chances are he's got the AIDS.

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
if somebody drugged and stole your dog, is it your fault for not locking your dog indoors?

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: smp
LIsten here Jerboy!
LOCK YOUR CAR DOOR.

.... and read my sig.

AND .. how do you know he was homeless? Maybe it was your neighbour.

For once and for all;

It wasn't anyone in the building. I know all of my neighbors. We're all friends.
It wasn't a neighborhood punk kid, because there are none. Only students live in this area. Plus, a kid would have stolen anything he could have gotten his hands on, like my CDs, etc.
There are ALWAYS homeless guys jumping the fence and wall to root through junk in the back or the trash.
Also. WE CAUGHT A GUY STEALING SOMEONE'S BIKE a few weeks ago, in broad daylight. And he came back and tried again, TWICE. We recovered the bike and threatened to call the police if we saw him again. THAT is why I'm sure it was a vagrant.
And the fact that I forgot to lock my car provides absolutely NO justification for that man's actions.

Shall we start blaming ALL victims of crime for not adequately preparing themselves? Hey, I know a girl that got raped. Maybe I should tell her it's her fault 'cause she didn't carry a taser.
rolleye.gif

Bluefront

Golden Member
Apr 20, 2002
Some of the posts here are rather funny. I actually caught two kids in my car trying to steal my stereo. This was in a parking lot at night, the door was locked. When I approached, one ran away, but I caught the other one and beat him up rather good. He was laying on the ground, out cold, (I thought he was dead).....when I drove away. I looked in the paper the next morning to see if any bodies were found...I guess he lived.

I suppose some of the posters here would have wanted me to assist the thieves in their bungled attempt to get my stereo.....like here's a screwdriver, please don't hurt my dash...heh. NFW.

UberDave

Platinum Member
Apr 9, 2002
I support your cause for beating the crap out of the guy. It's the rules of life. Don't take what doesn't belong to you. Stealing = gets you in sh!t. This guy has what's coming to him.

amen.

Pepsei

Lifer
Dec 14, 2001
Originally posted by: baffled2
for a second I thought Jerboy was back

Why not just lock your car tonight and be grateful that more wasn't taken?

lol...you beat me to it....

BruinEd03

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2001
Originally posted by: BruinEd03
how about you lock the door + alarm the car. But also leave a bag of McDonalds or something out there for him? That way you aren't adding to his chemical dependency, but you're at least keeping him from starving =/

-Ed

and we would want to keep him alive... why?

Cuz he's still a human being...and maybe if you feed him you might actually keep him from jacking $hit from people. Not to mention you don't know his circumstances.

-Ed

BillGates

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2001
how about you lock the door + alarm the car. But also leave a bag of McDonalds or something out there for him? That way you aren't adding to his chemical dependency, but you're at least keeping him from starving =/

-Ed

Cuz he's still a human being...and maybe if you feed him you might actually keep him from jacking $hit from people. Not to mention you don't know his circumstances.

-Ed

Doesn't matter - this dude's circumstances have no right to infringe on amnesiac's circumstances, nor his life, property, finances, etc.

If he gets his ass kicked, so be it. If you break laws on purpose, you are assuming responsibility for your own destiny and accepting the fact that some people don't respect those who don't abide by laws nor have respect for others' personal property.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999

-Ed

-Ed

Circumstances don't affect right & wrong.

Viper GTS

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I *always* lock my door, but there have been times where I woke up acknowledging that I had forgot; both of these times my car was "broken into".

Bastards.

Like you, I wondered how the hell they could be this lucky. Do they just check every night? I live in a nice neighborhood, and from what my neighbors tell me, people run around looking for cars that are unlocked hoping they can score something quick. They do it in these neighborhoods because they have a greater chance of finding something nice, and less chance of someone sitting right inside the door w/ a shotgun...

roncarter

Golden Member
Feb 28, 2002
ur a WIENEY!! wat do you need a baseball bat for.. whoop him up with ur bare hands if you a big man!!
hahaha

nah.. dont take my advice.. whoop him with the bat.. that way u wont hurt urself

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001

-Ed

-Ed
Do all humans deserve to live? Do all humans contribute to society in a neutral to positive way? Tell me what this fool is going to be doing 10 years from now, I can guarantee you that he'll be doing the same old sh1t. If his life ended, who'd miss him? This may be cold, but it's reality. It's this kind of people that make society bad. Working the system to take money from society, whether it's by damn taxes or by stealing. It's all basically the same.

Flame on. ;)
KK

Edit: Plato lived to be 80 years old?? Damn that must have been a record back then.

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001

-Ed

-Ed

because he's still a human being... that really doesn't mean anything to me. i am under no obligation to feed all hungry humans, i don't see why this person should be an exception simply because he tried to steal something from me. would it make me feel good to feed someone who was honestly down on their luck? yes. would it make me feel good to feed someone who tried to steal stuff from me? no.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
It's a sad, sad day in America when the most common reaction to crime is to blame the victim, instead of the thief.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001

-Ed

-Ed

It's not up to me, or anyone else to "feed" him (or his drug habit). That is HIS responsibility.

His lack of responsibility, and therefore poverty is NOT a license to steal from me, or anyone else.

This was once my sig line:

Poverty is not a mortgage on the labor of others - misfortune is not a mortgage on achievement - failure is not a mortgage on success - suffering is not a claim check, and its relief is not the goal of existence - man is not a sacrificial animal on anyone's altar nor for anyone's cause - life is not one huge hospital.

Stark

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2000
Originally posted by: Amused
It's a sad, sad day in America when the most common reaction to crime is to blame the victim, instead of the thief.

BS

nobody blames the victim in any post where the window gets broken.

There are victims and there are careless people. amnesiac was careless.

Why do you think God told Moses and the Hebrew people not to steal? Because people did it, do it, and will continue to do it!! That's why man invented locks... and why they remember to lock them (for the most part). It's a sad day when people forget about human nature.

N8Magic

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Originally posted by: ElFenix
drag him into your apartment and say it was self-defense!

"IT'S COMING STRAIGHT AT US!"

:p (any south park fans?)