FYI: Milkyway Challenge Jan 10-13

TennesseeTony

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2003
www.google.com
The (Boinc-Stats) TeAm founder is Alyx. Apparently this challenge is Boinc-Stats based.

On the actual MW website, the founder is TAC. I'm not familiar with either user.

iwajabitw

Aug 19, 2014
I finally pulled the tower out from under the fish tank and the Mobo is an Asus P5GC-MX133, has one 16 lane PCIE from the website stats, that currentyly has a non DP Radeon in it. So now I just need to find a good deal on a Asus or MSI R9 280x, off to ebay...

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
The (Boinc-Stats) TeAm founder is Alyx. Apparently this challenge is Boinc-Stats based.

On the actual MW website, the founder is TAC. I'm not familiar with either user.
You're not familiar with the TeAm Anandtech Committee? That's me, Petrusbroder, and one other. Biodoc? Anyway, which team founder need to do this?

Reactions: TennesseeTony

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
You're not familiar with the TeAm Anandtech Committee? That's me, Petrusbroder, and one other. Biodoc? Anyway, which team founder need to do this?
Any one of us who has the TAC-password for that particular project ...
I'll check later today (am on my way to work) where on the USB-stick that password is ...

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Damn, would like to join this race! With 2 Tahiti cards I could have good output :).

I'm confused though - 1. tell your teamfounder to join the challenge on boincstats

Surely TAC is our team founder?

[update] Nm, found out at the boincstats site
The team founder (here on BOINCstats) is the person who is founder of the team in most projects. To check who is the team founder, find your team on the profile pages and go to the profile. The founder is listed on the team profile page.

What about contacting him through his flickr account? There's a link to it from his boincstats profile, I'll just post it http://www.flickr.com/photos/alyyxphoto/

Last edited:

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Damn, would like to join this race! With 2 Tahiti cards I could have good output :).
I'm confused though - 1. tell your teamfounder to join the challenge on boincstats
Surely TAC is our team founder?

Sorry no. The team founders in many BOINC-project is TAC. IIRC, BOINCstats has an other way of finding the team founder: the person with the most projects is team founder when the team was founded, i.e. some time ago.

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Just spotted that, looks like I edit my post at the same time you wrote that ;)
We might be able to contact him through flickr (see my edited post).

Smoke

Distributed Computing Elite Member
Jan 3, 2001
You don't need permission ... go for it. ;)

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
I wasn't sure if anyone else already had ;).

Doh! I just realised I don't have a flickr account, lol, does anyone else?

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
Not me either. Boincstats needs a better system!

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Definitely!
Ok, I've signed upto flickr & sent Alyx this message.

Hi
I don't know if you remember me, I'm Assimilator1 from the AnandTech forums.
I'm contacting you because TA want to join in a MW@H race (which starts on the 10th), but we can't because it requires that the TA BOINCstats founder enter us into the race, & you seem to be AWOL ;).

I wonder if you could pop into the forums to this thread https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/fyi-milkyway-challenge-jan-10-13.2495862/ & enter us into the race?, & if you think you'll be away for sometime again maybe transfer founder ship to someone else?

Hope your well.
Thanks
Mark

Reactions: petrusbroder