fx 4100 performance

Discussion in 'CPUs and Overclocking' started by sarthakyadav, Nov 9, 2012.

1. sarthakyadav

sarthakyadav Member

hiiii everyone..
    Finally i got my fx 4100..and msi g970a-g46 4days back..and paired it with my gtx 550 ti and corsair vengeance 4gb 1600mhz..
    and it is quite an upgrade over my earlier one(athlon x2 5200+)...
    I am playing Medal of honor warfighter singleplayer at ultra settings(motion blur off) on my native 1366x768 res with avg 35-40 fps...is dat bad?(i really am asking)
    though never in my life saw so indulging graphics(i know frostbite 2!)..
    though sometimes frame rates drop.but rarely..
    i also play fifa13 maxed out(at 1366x768)..

but i don know y but sometimes fifa stutters(vsync on and fraps showing 60fps constant)...
    wat do u thing...should i add another 4gb ram....will it give my system a perfromance boost?
    and my cpu never goes above 55' celsius...is dat ok tooo?

2. inf64

inf64 Platinum Member

Games are usually GPU dependent and with 550ti you are looking at a bottleneck in shader heavy games. As for fifa,I know some people have issues with this game so it's not only your system. Maybe it's a swap file,try adding another 4GB or ram.

Also since you have unlocked FX chip,it's practically a shame to hold it down at measly 3.6Ghz ;). Don't touch the volts and shoot for 4.2Ghz with no Turbo and with power savings on. It takes 3 settings in bios: CPU multiplier change to 21x(21x200), Turbo setting-> off and APM/power saving->on.

3. Insert_Nickname

Insert_Nickname Platinum Member

The FX4100 should be able to reach FX4170 speeds. As inf64 wrote its almost a shame to run it at stock... :)

4. sarthakyadav

sarthakyadav Member

man i jst want to give it a breeze of a time before overclocking it...i know my mobo is gud enough for an overclock...but i don want to experiment with it right now...

about the gtx 550 ti sorry dude upgraded a month ago no possibilities in that region..
    anyways thanx for the quick reply frnds...

5. Yuriman

Yuriman Diamond Member

Congrats on the system! Come back and share your overclocking stores with us some time.

6. sarthakyadav

sarthakyadav Member

thanx...yeeah sure...i just got persuaded and overclocked my system using oc genie 2 (msi overclock utility) since i didnt want to take any risks...it reched 4 ghz with ease...but a lil bit more heat...!!
    anyways...
    thanx again

7. Arkaign

Arkaign Lifer

I believe that Warfighter uses the same build as Battlefield 3, which I play. It makes a gigantic difference in going from 4GB to 8GB. Loading is faster, less hitching, just a good move for the $.

8. Magic Carpet

Magic Carpet Diamond Member

Gigantic difference? Is it like going from single-core to dual-core? ;-p

9. ArmyVet88

ArmyVet88 Member

Im so pumped i just built my rig. I have touch Bios on my motherboard and will be attempting my first OC job ever!! on this processor. I cant wait:ninja:

10. skipsneeky2

skipsneeky2 Diamond Member

I remember being even more pumped then you back in 2007 when i replaced a pentium 4 and a 7800gs agp with a core 2 duo e6750 and a 8800gts 512mb , it blew me away so much i didn't even bother to oc it,only after i swapped in a Q6600 did i get ballsy and oc it.^_^

Very happy your happy with the new system.:)

11. ArmyVet88

ArmyVet88 Member

Yea boss, to be honest i began my journey into computer hardware about 2 months ago. I got out of the military in 2010 after 2 tours in Afghanistan. Moved back to my hometown with my wife and went right back into construction, (plumbing and heating- i went to a technical highschool) I woke up about 3 months ago and looked at my wife and told her i hated my life (mostly job). My back and knees are shot from jumping out of airplanes, and plumbing is not the best thing for your knees haha. I am only 25 and was kind of sick to my stomach about my future. Then i really just started doing research and what not. I became so thirsty for knowledge. I have been doing nothing but self teaching and an old buddy of mine has a degree in computer science. So well just nerd out for like 2 hours now and bullshit about builds. Hopefully this Fall or next Spring i will be able to enroll in a Computer Engineering Science A.S degree program at my local community college. I have been to many of forums for many different "Hobbies" and this "Scene" has been the most fun and intense in terms of material. If i have a question their is always multiple people with responses. I am kind of gushing right now, its all so new to me. Im just waiting for my PSU to arrive and ill be able to go through "First Boot". :ninja: with Touch BIOS i should be able to OC the processor in no time

12. nenforcer

nenforcer Golden Member

Yes, its like going from a dual core to a quad core in BF3 Multiplayer. It's a requirement.