fvcking pointless. lock

RGN

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: NeuroSynapsis
Some chick rear ended me, pix to come later

but what should I do now?

I just called my insurance company, put that stuff on record, but where do I take it from here?

Should I contact a lawyer like right NOW so I can milk this shiz for everything I can or what?

You need to contact HER insurance company.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
Should I contact a lawyer like right NOW so I can milk this shiz for everything I can or what?
This looks good on your trading resume.

MacBaine

Banned
Aug 23, 2001
Some chick rear ended me, pix to come later

but what should I do now?

I just called my insurance company, put that stuff on record, but where do I take it from here?

You better have filed a police report...

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
hey I'm in pain okay? what do you want me to do, smoke a bowl and forget about it? (although that does work)

no major injuries, but like i said, i AM gonna feel this in the morning. police wouldn't come because there were no injuries, so i just got all her info and stuff and left.

but what are my options here?

no i'm not gonna settle for just repairing the damage to the car and pretending everything is a-ok, cuz quite frankly it's not. will this show up on a carfax report since i have to file an sr22? if it does, can i put in the claim i want the value that my car lost because of this accident? what about the whiplash i know i'll have? etc etc etc

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Antisocial-Virge
I stopped caring after I got to this part.

This suggests that litigation for the sole purpose of monetary gain will be looked down upon by many here.

n0cmonkey

Elite Member
Jun 10, 2001
hey I'm in pain okay? what do you want me to do, smoke a bowl and forget about it? (although that does work)

no major injuries, but like i said, i AM gonna feel this in the morning. police wouldn't come because there were no injuries, so i just got all her info and stuff and left.

no i'm not gonna settle for just repairing the damage to the car and pretending everything is a-ok, cuz quite frankly it's not. will this show up on a carfax report since i have to file an sr22? if it does, can i put in the claim i want the value that my car lost because of this accident? what about the whiplash i know i'll have? etc etc etc

Forget a lawyer (for now) and see a doctor. See if there are medical problems before you start acting like a bitch.

Yzzim

Lifer
Feb 13, 2000
Originally posted by: Antisocial-Virge
I stopped caring after I got to this part.

Agreed

:disgust::disgust::disgust::disgust::disgust::disgust::disgust::disgust::disgust:

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002

the only way itll show up on carfax as a salvage title is if it was totally lost. if it is gonna cost more then what the car is worth to fix everything then itll be claimed as salvage.

DougK62

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2001
police wouldn't come because there were no injuries, so i just got all her info and stuff and left.

You called the police and they didn't come because there were no injuries? Puh-lease
rolleye.gif

My guess is you didn't even call the police and you made something up to apease the ATOT crowd.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Do you live in california? wanna give them a call?

they won't come out unless there was an injury, or some car is really fvcked up and is blocking major intersections

what you want me to take pix too?

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000

they won't come out unless there was an injury, or some car is really fvcked up and is blocking major intersections

That really sux
For real do take a pic and a pics of the accident area from different angles in case you really do need to litigate. Tomorrow go to the PD and file a report. The key to everthing here is documentation

n0cmonkey

Elite Member
Jun 10, 2001

Like I said, talk to a doctor. If you have whiplash or worse, then you have a case. If you want to find out about what the insurance company will cover, give her insurance company a call. If they wont cover enough to meet your needs, then call a lawyer. If you want to sue just to get money you are an ass. If you have a legitimate reason (you are hurt or they will not cover the costs of the repairs to be done well) you are in the right. My opinion of course.

Antisocial Virge

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 1999
You called the police and they didn't come because there were no injuries?

Actually, in his defence, I was hit from behind by a van who had been hit by a third car. The last car in the line was smashed pretty good and the cop stopped and told us just to exchange info and wanted to drive off without doing a report also. My neck hurt like hell the next day but was fine after that. I never bothered with insurance since there was very minor damage but I gave the other guys my phone # in case they needed me as a witness. Two days later I get a call from the insurance company asking about damage and wanting to fix my car. Apparently the one guy who did the primary hitting added me to the report anyways, I told them thanks but no need to bother and went on with my day.

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
don't you people have anything better to do?
rolleye.gif
if you don't have anything meaningful to contribute then shut your trap.

Yo Ma Ma

Lifer
Jan 21, 2000

Sorry to head the police wouldn't come to take your report(?!). My car was rear-ended on New Year's Eve this past year, it was totaled. The pitiful drugged out idiot took a couple of sleeping pills and then went driving
rolleye.gif
In your case, the other driver might have been DUI, I guess you'll never know now, too bad you won't have a police report as it would help you in any sort of monetary recovery.

BTW I didn't have any head or neck injuries, but it felt like someone had beat me up for a few days, hurt inside & out. I don't think you could have whiplash, if you were going forward or stopped and then hit from behind, it would cause your head/neck/body to appear to be pulled backward while your auto lunged forward. Whiplash is usually from the head/neck snapping forward then backward very quickly, i.e. what the person who hit you should get a good case of.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Originally posted by: kami
don't you people have anything better to do?
rolleye.gif
if you don't have anything meaningful to contribute then shut your trap.

Yeah, how dare you people come in here, a public message board, and not tell him exactly what he wanted to hear. You people have some nerve.
rolleye.gif

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: n0cmonkey

Like I said, talk to a doctor. If you have whiplash or worse, then you have a case. If you want to find out about what the insurance company will cover, give her insurance company a call. If they wont cover enough to meet your needs, then call a lawyer. If you want to sue just to get money you are an ass. If you have a legitimate reason (you are hurt or they will not cover the costs of the repairs to be done well) you are in the right. My opinion of course.

thank you, taht's waht i wanted to hear

sorry if i sound like an ass righ tnow, but i'm still jittery

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
I got rear ended last summer. It didn't hurt when I got hit, and despite what people said, it didn't hurt the next day, or the day after that. I was jsut happy that the guy who hit me was friendly and insured. His insurance company paid about $950 to my body shop, and that was the end of it.