Futurama Season 1, 3 DVD set. $29.88 @ Walmart.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

VTrider

Golden Member
Nov 21, 1999
Originally posted by: Robor
Originally posted by: VTrider
Originally posted by: Robor
Originally posted by: Woz
Best DVD set ever.
Maybe, but it will only be that until The Family Guy is released on April 15th... ;) :p

Man, talk about comparing oranges to apples
rolleye.gif

It is true though that the lugnuts over at FOX have cancelled Futurama. They never gave that cartoon sci-fi show a chance because of some loser idiot intern thinking it was a good idea to have it on 7:00 on Sunday night. Talk about a tragedy.

For those of you who might be following this thread and haven't watch the series, I highly recommend it, especially if you grew up in the 70's.

-VTrider
Apples to oranges? Um, right...

Oh, and you think Fox gave Futurama a bad timeslot? Maybe you didn't watch or don't remember but in it's last season Fox moved The Family Guy to Thursday at 8pm. That put it up against new episodes of Friends and Survivor. Doesn't get any worse than that.

You have a good point

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Originally posted by: MegaNerd
Originally posted by: Woz
Yeah, inconceivably, Fox cancelled Futurama. They have never given the show a good slot. It has always been at 7 PM on Sunday and often was preempted by other programming. Lame @ss idiots.
Bad news indeed.

I really like the packaging for this set. It comes in essentially 3 thin opaque keep cases, so it doesn't take up much space. Much less trouble than folding up the Simpsons or STTNG packaging, and less fragile than the STDS9 pack. (Number two of which should arrive on my doorstep on Tuesday 4/01!)) :D

MN

I wish that DS9 thing wasn't so friggin expensive. Ok, so it's an hour-long show. So maybe $60 for the set? But geez, $100 just for one season??? Not all trekkers are raking in the dough.

st0nefry

Apr 11, 2001
Futurama will almost certainly be cancelled after this season, but Fox has not made this official yet. No new shows are being made. The "new" episodes that are showing now are actually leftovers, mostly from seasons 3 and 4. So there is no staff to make episodes right now. Looks like we're out of luck.

st0nefry