FurMark test goes well but can't play games

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SolMiester

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2004
Does Furmark use Direct X?, i dont think so....Games do though and thats where the system tanks...Windows 7 has Direct x10? or is it 11 already installed, I didnt think he would need to install the older versions, but the borked DX install would be my guess for the issue!

Jaydip

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2010
Does Furmark use Direct X?, i dont think so....Games do though and thats where the system tanks...Windows 7 has Direct x10? or is it 11 already installed, I didnt think he would need to install the older versions, but the borked DX install would be my guess for the issue!
He need to install the older runtimes Sol.Win 7 doesn't have all the latest directx 10 runtimes installed,u need to install them manually.

freinando

Feb 21, 2012
Ok guys just did a prime95 test simultaneously with a furmark test and everything is ok. So now im more convinced that this is about software, hardware is fine. Im downloading the complete Directx SDK package from the windows website to attempt a fix, if not fix I ll go with a windows reinstall. Thoughts???