Funny story about giving your cat a pill

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
Originally posted by: ElFenix
i just put the pill in with some tuna

We've tried that with the end result being tuna gone, pill remaining. Our standard procedure now is to place the cat in a pillow case with only it's head sticking out and trying to get the pill as far into the cats mouth as a pill shooter will place it. If we are lucky it is far enough back that squirting water in kittys mouth forces him to swallow the damn thing. We do have one that is as easy to pill as a dog but the rest are a major PITA to pill.

Oct 9, 1999
just grind teh freaking pill into powder and make sure you mix it in his food.. and he only eats it (if multiple cats)

Armitage

Banned
Feb 23, 2001
Sounds like the last time I tried it. Eventually decided that if the cat was well enough to put up that kind of fight, he didn't need the damn pill.

There's a funny one like that about giving a cat a bath also.

Armitage

Banned
Feb 23, 2001
Originally posted by: The_good_guy
just grind teh freaking pill into powder and make sure you mix it in his food.. and he only eats it (if multiple cats)

Tried that also ... wouldn't eat the food with the ground up pill in it.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: ergeorge

You try fish or something really smelly?

Armitage

Banned
Feb 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Nitemare
Originally posted by: ergeorge

You try fish or something really smelly?

canned cat food. Smells like crap to me, but he loved it sans pill.