Funny how things work out...

cherrytwist

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2000
So my company decided to move my dept to the east coast last year. My wife and I had a decision to make.

a) Lose my job, accept a compensation package (not bad, but not great offer) plus starting over at a new company and stay put in St. Louis.

b) New position, more training + responsibility, 25% pay increase (after negotiations) and move to corporate HQ. They paid 100% relocation expenses and I agreed to a one year commitment or I'd have to reimburse the company.

Obviously, I took b).

Well, a little over a year later and my wife and I are still having trouble adapting. She is homesick and keeps talking about moving back *someday*.

Today I see an internal posting for a position back home that I appear to be qualified for. My one year commitment is fulfilled, and I've felt in a rut at work lately.

I'm cautiously optimistic :) The wife is excited which means...well you know how women are :)

Anybody have similar experiences?

CLIFFS

1) Relocated last year or I'd have been out of a job.
2) Fulfilled my commitment, a new position in my hometown opened up that I am qualified for.
3) Considering relocating back to my hometown at company's expense **fingers crossed**.
4) Profit!

cherrytwist

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2000
Originally posted by: jdini76
Originally posted by: leftyman
your wife has already made up your mind, your moving

and she's already told everybody ;)

LOL this is so true.

The best part is that I'd be here for training for a few more months. We'd have an opportunity to see some parts of the East that we haven't gotten to yet.

I'm afraid to get too excited though. Don't know enough details yet about the job.