Funny how a computer can make me question my self-worth.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
So I've played a bunch of games on this on Beginner 1 of opponent difficulty (there are three levels). I cannot beat the computer yet! It is making me better at Chess but the thing seriously thinks too many moves ahead to be Beginner 1. Every time I lose it pisses me off! Why would they have made a Beginner 1 think 70 moves ahead? I realize I suck at Chess, but come on.

That's about all I had to say, thanks for listening, it helps.

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
If it makes you feel any better, I've lost chess games to a 7-year-old. You couldn't possibly suck more than I do.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: kranky
If it makes you feel any better, I've lost chess games to a 7-year-old. You couldn't possibly suck more than I do.
Was he a practiced Chess player?

FusionKnight

Jun 29, 2004
I'm pretty good at chess. I played my dad once when I was a kid and played a perfect game until I made one mistake. My dad saw this mistake and turned the game around and beat me, at which point he said "I'm retiring as champion." To this day, I've never played my dad at chess again ;)

FK

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Did I mention that this game allows me to undo at least two moves if I made bad ones and I STILL lose?

Sqube

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2004
A lot of the time, by the time you realize how screwed you are, going back two moves really isn't going to cut it.

So don't feel bad about that. If you could go back thirty moves and you were still losing, then you could start to feel bad.

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Originally posted by: kranky
Was he a practiced Chess player?

Yes, he played regularly. Embarrassing none the less.

Originally posted by: FusionKnight
I'm pretty good at chess. I played my dad once when I was a kid and played a perfect game until I made one mistake.

That's me in every game! I always play perfectly until I make a mistake! :p