Funny email situation... *Edit: I AM VICTORIOUS!*

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BornStar

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2001
Good job man, ethugs are stupid. He's probably some skinny 15yo that has nothing better to do with their time.

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I must say this has been quite entertaining. I also particularly liked the
I will research the privacy laws (I am sure you know them well already considering your specialty)
part. Ooh, so subtle, yet obvious.

Tell him that if he sends you a single additional message, he will be served with a writ of notelmi demanding a quitclaim mandibus as established by New Caledonia Collections v. Albor.

MacBaine

Banned
Aug 23, 2001
Originally posted by: kranky
I will research the privacy laws (I am sure you know them well already considering your specialty)

Tell him that if he sends you a single additional message, he will be served with a writ of notelmi demanding a quitclaim mandibus as established by New Caledonia Collections v. Albor.

What the hell is that? :Q

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: MacBaine

It almost sounds like something that makes your pee-pee turn black after doing a hooker.

Entity

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999

Exactly. :)

Wuffsunie

Platinum Member
May 4, 2002
Hee, too funny a thread!! Loved it. Keep up the juicy updates :D

BTW MacBaine, Rogers is the main cable TV and internet provider in Ontario, so it makes sense that an email from Toronto would be from that company.

MacBaine

Banned
Aug 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Wuffsunie

BTW MacBaine, Rogers is the main cable TV and internet provider in Ontario, so it makes sense that an email from Toronto would be from that company.

Ah I see.

He hasn't replied with anything else yet.. I have a feeling he is trying to break it off while he is losing.

I will continue posting updates as they happen though... T-Mobile and Wireless Data Group are supposed to contact me within 48 hours with a resolution to the problem, so we'll see what they say.

I am also going to see what I can do as far as a claim against this guy for harassment... or at least inform T-Mobile of his breach of their TOS (see my last email) and have his service terminated.

I am going to have fun with this one :)

Kaervak

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
Do me a favor, send him the link to this thread so he can see how much of a moron he is.

waylman

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2003
I am also going to see what I can do as far as a claim against this guy for harassment...
rolleye.gif

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Question..

What makes you so sure that you ARE the original and rightful owner of that email account. I mean, take a step back.

You think you are the rightful owner and he thinks he is the rightful owner. Instead of petty bickering, let the tmobile dept figure it out. You are really going to have egg on your face if they come back and say that they screwed up and gave you the wrong address.

This will give him a moral victory, whether its your fault or not.

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

It's complete gibberish. But maybe he'd have to pay a lawyer to tell him that. ;)

MacBaine

Banned
Aug 23, 2001
Originally posted by: waylman
I am also going to see what I can do as far as a claim against this guy for harassment...
rolleye.gif

LOL... why not? He wants to play that game. I know it most likely won't result in anything, but T-Mobile may be able to do something about it. I'm not saying "OMG OMG SUE SUE"... I just want to have fun with this idiot :)

MacBaine

Banned
Aug 23, 2001
Originally posted by: slag
Question..

What makes you so sure that you ARE the original and rightful owner of that email account. I mean, take a step back.

You think you are the rightful owner and he thinks he is the rightful owner. Instead of petty bickering, let the tmobile dept figure it out. You are really going to have egg on your face if they come back and say that they screwed up and gave you the wrong address.

T-Mobile has no record of any other account using this email address other than mine.

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: slag
Question..

T-Mobile has no record of any other account using this email address other than mine.

I hear ya, but obviously they have some wires crossed otherwise he wouldnt be able to use the email.

I bet they are telling him the same thing--that he is the rightful owner of the email acct.

J0hnny

Platinum Member
Jul 2, 2002
What if that person actually stole some of your personal information (ie. SS#, CC#, address, etc) and because of that, he started somehow receiving your emails since his phone is actually registered to you!??!?

MacBaine

Banned
Aug 23, 2001
Originally posted by: J0hnny
What if that person actually stole some of your personal information (ie. SS#, CC#, address, etc) and because of that, he started somehow receiving your emails since his phone is actually registered to you!??!?

That's pretty impossible... And judging by the types of emails I have been getting from 'me', it wouldn't make sense.

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001

That's pretty impossible... And judging by the types of emails I have been getting from 'me', it wouldn't make sense.
Have you considered the possibility that you may just be schizophrenic and are having a flame war with yourself? :D

MacBaine

Banned
Aug 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Pheran

Have you considered the possibility that you may just be schizophrenic and are having a flame war with yourself? :D

:Q

Pepsi90919

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Wuffsunie

actually, just the greater toronto area.