Funniest Games

kirilus

Feb 7, 2008
What are the games you enjoyed playing the most?

Deus Ex
Postal 2
Flat Out 2

EDIT: I have created a poll, suggest your games and I'll add them to the list.

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
Strife
"One of the workers fell into the reactor; splat, instant deepfry. Just tell them you're the replacement for Mr. Crispy and they'll let you in." -power station worker with heavy accent

"Prisons, sewers, catacombs, why can't we ever have a mission in a field of flowers?" -lady that gives helpful remarks over a comm unit
Portal
Pyschonauts

ja1484

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2007

Postal 2 did have some juvenile humor moments. I think I'll download that demo again.

Curse of Monkey Island gets my vote.

EvilComputer92

Golden Member
Aug 25, 2004
Deus Ex.

"You take another step forward and here I am again, like your own reflection in a hall of mirrors."
"That makes me one ugly son of a bitch. Howd my face get all marked up with bioelectrics?"

ConstipatedVigilante

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2006
Morrowind, just for the secret/unique characters. My favorite was the Dremora in Ald'Ruhn. Taunting him gave you some pretty interesting responses.

angry hampster

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2007
www.lexaphoto.com
Portal because of Glad0s.

However, I've had some hilarious experiences with clan play in classic counter-strike (1.3-1.5). Namingly, the clan I was in got together one night and were playing for a while. The map was getting boring, so we decided to run gung-ho toward the enemy base, all of us with a hot grenade in hand. We all died within a few seconds of each other, and then about ahlf the other team followed. :laugh:

kirilus

Feb 7, 2008
Deus Ex... surely, forgot to mention.

I can't remember any jokes/fun moments in portal (?)

9mak9

Dec 3, 2007
warcraft 2/3 clicking on the characters is a classic
games with mature and intelligent humor like torment, witcher, max payne those r always entertaining
worms is a classic funny game
beyond good & evil i always enjoy
and the game is not funny but how about lando calrissian being cast in C&C 3, i mean come on that hilarious

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
BG2, aside from being one of the best games of all time, is also incredibly funny.

a sword that talks all day and never shuts up and goes: "Come on! lets kill something!"

i also remember a part in Throne of Bhaal where you met a group of adventurers outside a Beholders' lair and they said they were going to go inside. if you let them go, they get slaughtered by the beholders. but then the screen goes black, returns to the game and they appear again with a note above their heads: "loaded a quicksave" and they scream at each other "i told you we should've done it the other way!"

i was laughing so hard i got sixpack abs.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Originally posted by: kirilus
Deus Ex... surely, forgot to mention.

Seriously? Portal was essentially a black comedy. I thought it was hilarious. Also, the old Sierra adventure games were funny - Space Quest, Quest for Glory, King's Quest. Someone also mentioned the Monkey Island games. Multiple clicks on the Warcraft characters get some pretty amusing responses.

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
No One Lives Forever: "are you insulting my monkey?" and "the association of criminality with beer".

adairusmc

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2006
Definitely Portal would be the funniest. The cake is a lie!

Warcraft 3 had some funny moments, like poking the characters repeatedly with the cursor.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Portal killed me, it was just too brilliant; it was funnier than most movies these days:

"Didn't we have some fun though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like (deep male voice) 'NO WAY!' (normal voice) and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'? That was great!"
:laugh:

KT

DSF

Diamond Member
Oct 6, 2007
Originally posted by: kirilus

Were we playing the same game? Even if there had been no humor through the entire game (and it was chock full of dark comedy) the song at the end was hilarious.

Maybe it's just not your style of comedy.

The old LucasArts adventure games like Monkey Island, Indiana Jones and Day of the Tentacle had some great 1-liners, and the occasional break in the 4th wall. So did the Sierra games of the same type, as someone mentioned.

TheKub

Golden Member
Oct 2, 2001
I don't know if its the funniest game, but one of my top moments happened in college. Roommate was playing a StarWars game (you play a Jedi and choose good\evil).

He stared off choosing the good elements and at some point in the game there was a part where he had to fight a dark Jedi. The setting was one of those typical StarWars cylindrical rooms with an impossibly deep hole in the middle and platforms around the perimeter. He walks into the room and there is are a few choice words exchanged. Then the Jedi attacks by running straight off the ledge and down the hole in the center. Then his character chimes in "I dont know who that was but he fought like a Jedi" (or something to that affect). We both lost it at that point.

Tried quickloading to see if we could get him to do it again but no dice.