Fun with my new digicam....

Pikachu

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
Used V1? Nice!

Also, nice job resizing images. See if you can teach some of the nitwits around here how to do that.

E equals MC2

Banned
Apr 16, 2006
Originally posted by: Pikachu
The real question is, did you have to settle for a used/refurb, or pay a premium for a new one?

Your first accessory...

What's the point of flash? I never find myself using flash for nice scenic shots... I let the llense absort the natural light (as seen in the OP photos)

But then again, I'm a noob.

Pikachu

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
What's the point of flash? I never find myself using flash for nice scenic shots...
It's not for "scenic" shots. It's for indoor shots first & foremost. It can give you really long flash reach, like 30' or even more. It will save the battery in your camera, which has a relatively short capacity. It will allow you to fire off one indoor shot after another in quick succession. It is needed for fill, in outdoor shots at dusk, or shooting in shaded areas, like under a car's hood.

Actually, your first accessories will be batteries, charger, memory, then external flash.

Shooting in natural light is all well & good, but that camera defaults to 1/30th second in auto mode, I believe. Better get a portable tripod while you're at it.

Vortec4800

Feb 15, 2004
Looks like you're having fun with the camera, glad to see it! It's been just sitting in a drawer ever since I got my DSLR and it's good to know it went somewhere with someone who can actually enjoy it.