Fun multiplay game for a HTPC? (not PC to PC, but same screen)

Joony

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2001
I picked up a new Westinghouse TX 42" 1080p TV for my HTPC!

Unfortunately I can't afford a Xbox with expensive games, so i'll have to make do with my HTPC.

So far, the only game that I have played where I could play with a buddy nearby was Madden 07, and I think Need for Speed Black.

Are there any Gears of Wars type games for PC? Something that splits the screen or so?

Watching someone play Battlefield 2 or so by themselves online isn't too fun for other people unfortunately!

edit: a very old Sierra game I used to play, 'Hunter Hunted' was so kick ass! good times.

Wheelock

May 3, 2007
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory has cooperative mode, but I'm not sure whether it allows for split screen.

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
Splitscreen games on the PC are very rare. The only ones I've seen are the Rollcage and Jazz Jackrabbit games, which are fairly old and take some work to get working properly on modern systems.

TheKub

Golden Member
Oct 2, 2001
Split screen is pretty rare. Best bet is to install emulators on it and get a couple of wireless controllers to play some old school games.

GundamSonicZeroX

Platinum Member
Oct 6, 2005
Originally posted by: negativedecibel
Worms Armageddon

That's a real gem right there.

OP, have you considered getting ROMS? I mean, how much fun would it be to have Sonic 2 and everyone was racing against each other? :)

Heller

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2006
My suggestion is save up for a 360,or see if you can pick up a cheap ps2/original xbox, consoles are really the only source split-screen and co-op, plus you just got an awesome tv,it will look absolutely stunning!

DefDC

Golden Member
Aug 28, 2003
MAME and the You Don't Know Jack series (if you can find them) would all work nicely.

You could get some Guitar Hero guitars and play Freetar Hero or Frets on Fire, although I don't think they support multiplayer yet...