Full Tower ATX case with ports down low?

Maetryx

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2001
I may replace my 12 year old full tower ATX case someday. But one thing I like about it is that that the built-in audio and USB ports are on the front, less than halfway up. It seems that all modern cases put these ports on the top.

But my case sits on my 72 inch desk, to the right of my three monitors, and a cable from my head to the top of the case would be awkward, like want to drape in front of the right-most monitor. Or I may want to connect a game controller, of a hard drive dock, and I don't want to plug into the top of a tall tower sitting on my desk. I think the designers assume that full tower cases will be sitting on the floor.

Also, I don't really like windows on my cases, but if a case was otherwise desirable, I could live with a window.

Suggestions appreciated.

gradoman

Mar 19, 2007
Cosair Air 540, Lian Li O7SX, PC-8NB, V33WX, PC-A05NA, SilverStone Precision SST-PS13B are all I could find so far.

CryHavoc

Golden Member
Jan 17, 2003
Just my opinion and thinking, but with more and more monitors having usb hubs on them, it has free'd up case makes to keep the ports up high