Full Throttle......old school pc game

zsir

Oct 9, 1999
I bought Full Throttle for $9 at Fryes..........

It's a fun game........I bought it because I liked Grim Fandango (Tim Schafer).....

I wish this genre didn't die......I'd love to find some more games like these......

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Yes indeed. It was great playing games where you had to figure out puzzles and pick up on small clues along the way :)

These days, it's all about ram and graphics...one gripe I'd have with Full Throttle though is that it was one of the easier ones to figure out...

Anyhow, have fun :)

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Grim Fandango is a great game, I'm playing it now. Wonderful art and some really funny dialogue, even though some of the puzzles are a bit nonsensical.

(shakes balloon) "Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!"

(rattles cage with drill) "Look kids, it's my BONE SAW!" ("Waahhhh!")

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001
Wow, I think this is the first thread about any game that I can actually put my $.02 in, having played that right as it came out. The fun part was taking out all the other bikers to get the ramp to jump the gorge. :D

SimonCrux

Feb 14, 2002
Yeah full throttle and grim fandango were really great games. I love the dialog choices in fandango, will never forget some of them. Just like the monkey island games. "Look out behind you, its a 3-headed monkey!" and "I'm selling these fine leather jackets." Brings a tear to my eye.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: SimonCrux
Yeah full throttle and grim fandango were really great games. I love the dialog choices in fandango, will never forget some of them. Just like the monkey island games. "Look out behind you, its a 3-headed monkey!" and "I'm selling these fine leather jackets." Brings a tear to my eye.
*sigh* Monkey Island will always hold a special place in my heart :)

kru

Platinum Member
Oct 24, 1999
great game! my freshman roomie used to be able to finish it at one sitting...i'd just sit back and enjoy the show. that was one game that played out just like a movie...

ahh...monkey island...loved 1 and 2, never played 3 and 4 just seemed like too much of a departure from the series...

now what they REALLY need to revive is the space quest and leisure suit larry series. man, sierra really trashed the games that made it great.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: kru
great game! my freshman roomie used to be able to finish it at one sitting...i'd just sit back and enjoy the show. that was one game that played out just like a movie...
ahh...monkey island...loved 1 and 2, never played 3 and 4 just seemed like too much of a departure from the series..
Wow...I wasn't aware they made anything past 2. Do you know if 3 and 4 are worthwhile at all?

kru

Platinum Member
Oct 24, 1999
b0mbrman, part 3 is supposed to be pretty good. 4 got mixed reviews...it's a li'l weird since it uses the grim fandango engine so they shifted to a 3D world.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: kru
b0mbrman, part 3 is supposed to be pretty good. 4 got mixed reviews...it's a li'l weird since it uses the grim fandango engine so they shifted to a 3D world.
Mmm...I'll try out 3...if I'm not sick of the whole Monkey thing by the time I finish it, I'll get 4 too :)

Thanks ;)

LoqT

Feb 19, 2001
Don't EVER EVER FORGET Maniac Mansion and Day of the Tentacle!!!! I LOVE THOSE GAMES! Lucasarts MUDD games were the shid back in the day!

LanEvoVI

Golden Member
Jul 18, 2001
Full Throttle ROCKS!!!!

Grim Fandango rocked EVEN MORE!!!

THe Dig was pretty damn cool too!

and who doesn't like the Monkey Island series????? i'll KILL YOU!

Kenazo

Lifer
Sep 15, 2000
Borrowed Full Throttle from a friend but it wouldn't play in our 486 DX/2 w/ an original cartridge loading cdrom drive. I convinced my Mom the computer sucked and we upgraded:)

Sierra also made some of the best games. Space Quest, Police Quest, Leisure Suit Larry, and of course my favorite King's Quest. Too bad all those went to crap especially KQ, KQVIII was terrible:( I wish there were more of these games....