Full-screen problems with some games.

KashGarinn

Jul 18, 2001
Hi there, For some reason my monitor doesn't like the resolution 800x600 (I think that's the res which is giving me the problems), and so any game which starts full-screen in it is giving me problems.

City of heroes is one, but I found the registry setting to change from fullscreen to window.

Rise of legends demo is the other, and I still haven't found a way to play it in window mode, or to try and change the video settings.. can't seem to find anything on it..

I tried searching for a registry key which sounded like it was handling window mode, no luck, I also tried adding /w or -w to the .exe in the shortcut, no luck..

So I was wondering what you guys would try, or if anyone knows any cool thing for me to try out.

Regards,
K.

BassBomb

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2005
because lcd's have native resolutions, and going against them messes up mostly especially without dvi

nitromullet

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2004
You can also set the video card to not scale the output in the card's settings. If you run a game at 800x600, it will be surrounded by a black border.

BassBomb

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2005
Originally posted by: nitromullet
You can also set the video card to not scale the output in the card's settings. If you run a game at 800x600, it will be surrounded by a black border.

this only works on dvi, or resolutions very close to native... liek for me 1280x960 gets black bars around instead of my native 1280x960.. when i use 1024x768 it doesnt work

KashGarinn

Jul 18, 2001
Hmm.. I'm also not quite sure where this would be done.. that is to change the output in the card's settings, or are you talking about just changing the screen's native resolution?

The monitor is a dell 3007 wfp, so 800x600 is a bit tiny for it...

Not quite sure what you meant by dvi, it uses dual linked dvi if that's any help.

Hmm.. no one knows about a program which forces games into window mode do you?

K.

KashGarinn

Jul 18, 2001
Hey, I found a solution, There's a program called 3d analyser by tommi or tommti, forget exactly.. you can force the game in window mode while you change the resolution to what your monitor can handle, plus alot more than just that.

Just wanted to let u know.

K.