FTP Program that will auto connect/login?

simms

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2001
Basically, the Host, user/pass are hard coded into the program, so all that happens when they run the exe is that it will automatically connect without pressing ANYTHING. Values can be hardcoded in the program or in INI files or what not.

and then there are two windows for local and FTP host which they can copy files over, or back.
does such a program exist?

And plaintext password is fine.

Armitage

Banned
Feb 23, 2001
Some FTP programs let you pass the username, password, and address on the command line. Just put that command line in a small script. Assumes of course that you consider it OK to have the plaintext password on the disk.

I don't know anything about graphical windows clients that you seem to want though, but I bet there is something out there that will take command line arguments.

simms

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2001
CuteFTP pro is probably too big, and it just needs to connect. Armitage has the right idea, but it should probably have a GUI to faciliate the average person's needs. I doubt a person would know how ot work DOS... if they knew how to use DOS i figure they can use FTP. :)

simms

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2001
Can anyone MAKE this? I know C and VB, but would have no idea how to actually create a standalone program (eg: without install like C and VB do).