FSX Demo is out

videopho

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2005
It comes a bit earlier than expected but I'm not complaining. The full retailed game will also be available or hits stores sometime in October.

demo download @ 7pm CDT

Flight Simulator X Game Features
Flight Simulator X offers players a rich and innovative gaming experience with new technological advancements, incredible graphics and added realism including weather, time of day and seasons.

With more than 50 new missions to choose from, aviators can build their skill levels and engage in even more stimulating gameplay than before.

Flight Simulator X will enable pilots to fly the aircraft of their dreams, from the DeHavilland DHC-2 Beaver floatplane and Grumman G-21A Goose to the AirCreation 582SL Ultralight and Maule M7-260C Orion with wheels and skis.

Through increased online gameplay capabilities, "Flight Simulator X" offers players a connected world where they can choose whom they want to be, from air-traffic controller to pilot or co-pilot.

More than 24,000 airports feature AI-controlled jetways, fuel trucks and moving baggage carts, allowing players to explore their hometown or venture to a favorite far-off city.

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006
*shudders* i wonder how many gigabytes this is going to be...

edit: its only 600mb! nice :)

edit2: bleh, 10kbps from the gamespot server :|

videopho

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2005
Just restarted mine. First one just crashed!!!!
At current download rate I may as well wait for the next version. Ouch.:disgust:

Oct 19, 2000
Games like Flight Simulator have always, always intrigued me, but when I get my hands on a copy, I get bored to tears when I'm just sitting in the air looking at nothing. With that said, I'm going to download the demo. :p

LittleNemoNES

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
Anyone know the keyboard controls. I'm just guessing...and crashing XD

BTW guys, don't bother -- the demo is super glitchy and a resource hog.

videopho

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2005
Originally posted by: gersson

Are you serious? Even with such a powerful rig like yours? YOu'd need at a joy stick to play it. K/B controls need not apply with this type of game.

LittleNemoNES

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
Originally posted by: videopho
Originally posted by: gersson

Are you serious? Even with such a powerful rig like yours? YOu'd need at a joy stick to play it. K/B controls need not apply with this type of game.

It looks nowhere nice to give me 30 fps on an open sky...

videopho

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2005
No tweaking of any sort just yet. I took a "quick & dirty" shot at taking off on the Bombarider lear-jet in my Dell Gen4 with a 2405's 1920x1200 res. The water effects plus land masses look great or the best I've ever seen from this kind of game. FRAPs measures less than 15fps most of the time, ouch!