EDIT: whoops!......cahnged title:eek:

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Goosemaster
DAMN U ISABEL!!!!!!

*lights are flickering constantly in the house*

Mods are on the way;)

Haha, anyway, we here in Raleigh, NC got pummeled. Power is out sporadically around the city. The winds were HORRENDUS

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: NFS4
Originally posted by: Goosemaster
DAMN U ISABEL!!!!!!

*lights are flickering constantly in the house*

Mods are on the way;)

Haha, anyway, we here in Raleigh, NC got pummeled. Power is out sporadically around the city. The winds were HORRENDUS

supposed to get pretty bad here @ around 5am.

Today wasn't that bad till about noon...

I went to the gym @ 6am and it was beautiful besides a constant spriinkle of rain.

after noon it got horrible..hugh as storm....tappered off about 30mins ago

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Bootprint
Remember to pet the UPS...

LOL. Here at my house, the power went off and my APC UPS starting beeping, yet my computer still kept going while connected to the net (I have the router and cable modem plugged into my UPS). My two roommates came into my room (one just lost the HW he was working on) and were like WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAH, you're computer is still running. What ya got there...wow, you're computer is still on.

I felt like Moses preaching the gospel about UPS's :p

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001

LOL. Here at my house, the power went off and my APC UPS starting beeping, yet my computer still kept going while connected to the net (I have the router and cable modem plugged into my UPS). My two roommates came into my room (one just lost the HW he was working on) and were like WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAH, you're computer is still running. What ya got there...wow, you're computer is still on.

LOL...u should ahve seen what happened when I had my

1) 430watt AMP 1800XP+ PC with SCSI drives and the whole shebang(printer monitor)
2) HP vectra 700mhz p3 with scsi drive
3) Onkyp reciever.

Plugged into this stupi POS because I needed the outlets...the results were hilarious...

the UPS went like

"wehwhwhehwhe" *kinda of like a busted alarm* and instantly shut off...couldn't handle da juice:cool:...LOL

NT4Mike

Oct 9, 1999
All's dark here in Columbia, VA. Power flicked off and on about a dozen or so times throughout the afternoon and then finally died at about 5 pm. Forget the UPS, I'm listening to the comforting sound of the generator cranking along outside on the porch. Thankfully we haven't lost any trees on my property so far, but the night certainly isn't over yet. It looks as tho the storm is moving along at a pretty good clip, so that will help get it out of here.

Glad I have the laptop and the generator. Keeps the fridge running, the laptop charged up, and the flashlight batteries ready to go.

Mike

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003

LMAO! I won a game once in a clan match in a game called Tribes. It brought us up to rank #2 on the ladder. Had my computer shut off without a UPS, well, we would have been #4! Those were the days at 3AM playing a game and becoming the MVP... *tear*