Fry's has i5 750s in stock now

faxon

Platinum Member
May 23, 2008
http://www.evga.com/forums/tm....page=1&key=?

i made the post there originally when i started work, cause i can actually access their site from work. post with pics is a few posts down.

here is the post with pics quoted

Originally posted by: faxon
links to all the pics. sorry they are meh quality, i didnt have a tripod or much of a steady hand. i got all hyper and jumpy when i saw we had them in stock LOL

http://img19.imageshack.us/img...088130294556156542.jpg
http://img190.imageshack.us/im...088130454560156542.jpg
http://img36.imageshack.us/img...088130494561156542.jpg

MODEL3

Jul 22, 2009
Someone is a sneaky little fellow :laugh:

Just joking!

Nice job!

Fry's have them with "same day shipping" label!

Did Intel moved the launch date from 9/6 to 8/16, or Fry's got them from a Tier1/2 or from a major Component trader? (What is the CPU volume that Fry's can move per year?)

Anyway, we will find out sooner rather than later!

faxon

Platinum Member
May 23, 2008
Originally posted by: richierich1212
Nice faxon. Does it say when you guys can sell them?

lol i wish. i checked everything i could in the system and i asked the district manager cause he was here today. not a clue, or no one wanted to let on that they knew anything lol. as for volume, we keep running out of i7 920s every week or so and we get them in volumes of about 20 each time. we have sold a good hundred i7 systems at least since i have been at frys (starting at the beginning of march this year). we still move more s775 hardware due to price though, we have sold over 200 GA-EP45-UD3P motherboards alone since they came out due in part to my buying two and getting customers to buy tons of them, and im only part time lol. volume isnt a problem, especially since we order everything through a central distribution (store 82) and then it's distributed from that location to the rest of our stores, allowing us to buy in higher volume at better prices. i cant check the product number in the system yet (isnt active LOL), but from the thread i posted on evga forums, concord store has them as well as the one i work at, and i wouldnt be surprised if most of the others do as well. we also have a listing for the i7 860 CPU, though we dont have any on shelf.

exar333

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2004
This is pretty much the opposite of the 1366 launch where the X58's (Asus and Intel) were around a few weeks before the processor's were available.

Launch platforms are fun (sometime buggy) but definitely fun. :)

solofly

Banned
May 25, 2003
Originally posted by: thilan29
CPUs but no motherboards...great. :)

When are the 1156 m/bs coming out anyway?

According to what I've read sometimes between 30 and 45 days...

faxon

Platinum Member
May 23, 2008
Originally posted by: solofly
Originally posted by: thilan29
CPUs but no motherboards...great. :)

When are the 1156 m/bs coming out anyway?

According to what I've read sometimes between 30 and 45 days...

from what im hearing its gonna be september 6th. few people posted in the evga forums thread about it. and launch pricing on the i5 750 is $205 for a 2.66GHz quad without hyperthreading, or $289 for a 2.8ghz quad with hyperthreading, both with the full 8mb of L3, and the PCI Express controller

as for what frys has in stock, the Palo Alto store has 15 750s in stock right now, and im betting at a similar count of the others to start with as well by launch date. i dont know what to expect as far as motherboards go yet, but we dont stock ASRock boards. will probably be our standard gigabyte, asus, evga, intel, and possibly MSI and Biostar lineup. havent seen any of the x58 MSI or Biostar boards in store, but we have recent (790FX) AMD boards for MSI as well as Biostar, so chances are at the lower end of the price spectrum they will have a few entries from both.

GEOrifle

Oct 2, 2005
Originally posted by: eternalone
Good should make prices go down on the phenom 2's Hopefully.

PHENOMS ???

Who cares about PHENOMS when lot of people(incl.me) waiting for i5 platform CPU and MOB's release: because they will be cheaper and second it will push down curent x58
compatible components at least 30% down.
I allready have i7 920 D0, OCZ XMP Ready Series 6GB (3 x 2GB) and WD 1TB BLACK
so waithing for Motherboard and GPU price drops.
Here you go guys.

IntelUser2000

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2003
This is EXACTLY like what the rumor mills said back in like June. They said motherboards will lag CPU launches by approximately one month.