Frys B&M, Intel Core I3 2100 for $79.99

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
Wonder if MC will match this.

They did for the $250 Core i7 2600k during Fry's anniversary sale, because in their infinite wisdom, Fry's didn't have enough stock on hand to last past the first day of the week long sale.

FWIW Micro Center recently had this CPU with mobo for $40 more, which makes it pretty hot unless you need some different motherboard. That deal has come and gone several times, so chances are it'll be back.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
They did for the $250 Core i7 2600k during Fry's anniversary sale, because in their infinite wisdom, Fry's didn't have enough stock on hand to last past the first day of the week long sale.

FWIW Micro Center recently had this CPU with mobo for $40 more, which makes it pretty hot unless you need some different motherboard. That deal has come and gone several times, so chances are it'll be back.

It's is back right now

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
i have the OG i3 chip that runs at a measly 3.0ghz. it makes for a perfect home theater/gaming hybrid pc. low power draw and capable gaming power if you use a pcie video card

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
Not on their mailing list.

That is very easily remedied. They aren't like Tiger Direct, who will by default email you about 3 times a day. IMO Micro Center (if you are near one) and Newegg mailing lists are worth being on for all hot deals connoisseurs.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Damn, why didn't someone post a new ATHD thread or bump the previous one. I keep missing these deals. Not on their mailing list.

Larry you're in the Boston Area aren't you? If so Cambridge MC still has both items in stock and I do believe the sale is still going on as I just picked up a bundle this morning.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Larry you're in the Boston Area aren't you? If so Cambridge MC still has both items in stock and I do believe the sale is still going on as I just picked up a bundle this morning.

Thanks, maybe I can make it out to cambridge, a little low on money this month, but I've been wanting to take advantage of this combo.

That 8GB (2x4GB) of Ripjaws DDR3-1333 1.5v on Newegg this morning as a Shellshocker would make a nice compliment to this CPU+mobo.

Edit: Don't think I'll be able to make it out to cambridge today. Oh well. A friend is helping me get in on the Gskill shellshocker though, I should have enough DDR3 for another year worth of computer building.

Last edited:

claes

Jan 6, 2011
FYI microcenter seems to be carrying the $120 deal all of the time now, no more weekends only. at least that's what the last few weekly ads indicate.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
If only there was an option at Microcenter with an H67 board, I would be all over that.

Actually there is, I got an Email from them this morning stating that they are discounting any Motherboard compatable with a Sandy Bridge CPU $40 if purchased along with a Sandy Bridge CPU

bznotins

Oct 30, 2003
Actually there is, I got an Email from them this morning stating that they are discounting any Motherboard compatable with a Sandy Bridge CPU $40 if purchased along with a Sandy Bridge CPU

Right, but it doesn't seem to work with the i3. I can add an i5 to my cart and it gives the discount, but not the i3 (although the i3 shows up in the list of eligible processors in the ad on their website).