Frustrated with this internet speed problem

Glorn

May 14, 2015
Hello.

I have an internet which has limit, if the limit kicks in the internet is really slow. The thing is, in my house there are 3 computers, 1 desktop pc and 2 laptops, when my brother is playing CS:GO(on desktop) or generally using the internet, on my laptop the internet is absolutely a disaster, i cant view a single a website, in online games i have very high ping and constant dcs, however when he is playing CS:GO he has ping around 70-80ms. How is that possible? Does the internet prioritize desktop pc somehow? How to even it out? When he is not playing, the internet on my laptop is not so bad.

I have LTE internet with router IDU-100. Please help me, i'm really frustrated with this.

PS. I tried connecting to the internet through wifi and cable on my laptop, doesnt change anything.

inachu

Platinum Member
Aug 22, 2014
IDU= indoor unit. This tells me your metered internet is using a dish and is not a wired ISP.

I suspect your router is a $40-$80 model so that is your problem.
You will up your local network speed issues but since Cs sucking the rest then there is no hope.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
This LTE crap is what Verizon greedily envisions forcing all of their FIOS and DSL (wired) customers onto.

imagoon

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2003
This LTE crap is what Verizon greedily envisions forcing all of their FIOS and DSL (wired) customers onto.

Stop making things up. LTE is a viable tech when implemented correctly.

Also the IDU-100 isn't even for sale in the US so the odds that this is a "Verizon issue" is pretty much nil.

However google searches mention tons of wireless issues with that router so it may just be crap and another routers may yield better results.

XavierMace

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2013
Cs sucking the rest then there is no hope.

Even a CS:GO server uses an extremely minimal amount of bandwidth even by cell standards. Like 70KB/s. On LTE at my house tethered off my phone, I get 8-10MB/s. Even if he's getting like 3G speeds, I don't see CS:GO hogging all the bandwidth. I'd say there's some other problem. Either with the router or his brother is doing something besides just CS:GO.

kevnich2

Platinum Member
Apr 10, 2004
If every subscriber in the US was suddenly booted off their hard wired connection and onto LTE - no, it wouldn't be viable. LTE is a shared resource and providers, like Verizon, want as many people on LTE as possible because the charges for using it per mb are ridiculously high.

LTE as a technology is viable, but the providers themselves are giving it a bad name by keeping it so capped and expensive. Their milking it for all it's worth.