Frostbite 2.0

sigurros81

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2010
After seeing the various videos to NFS: The Runs and BF3, I am wondering if the engine is capable of lush colors. All I see are desaturated, muted colors with blown out skies.

crownjules

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2005
After seeing the various videos to NFS: The Runs and BF3, I am wondering if the engine is capable of lush colors. All I see are desaturated, muted colors with blown out skies.

Is that for real? Need For Speed: The Runs? Haha.

sigurros81

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2010
According to EA that's the crutch of the storyline. You have to race through these open highways to make it to a toilet.

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
The name isn't pluralized. It's "Need for Speed: The Run" ala Cannonball Run.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
You have seen footage of TWO games, one of which takes place at night I'd assume and the other in the desert. I don't know if you've ever been to a desert, but they aren't very lush with color.

sigurros81

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2010
You have seen footage of TWO games, one of which takes place at night I'd assume and the other in the desert. I don't know if you've ever been to a desert, but they aren't very lush with color.

I didn't know Paris was a desert. And apparently you've never been to a desert if you think deserts aren't lush with colors. Besides, the argument of them trying to make it look realistic is pointless because I'm questioning their artistic direction with the color grading with the crushed blacks and a lot of muted colors.

http://youtu.be/1743B9xz0sU

Last edited:

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001

Don't you down talk cactus's, some of them have flowers, FLOWERS! Damnit!