Fritzo's New Guitar Day...what did he get?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
yep,

Though, maybe my earlier prediction ITT was accurate...
SORRY SORRY SORRY! I was enslaved all weekend and held against my will painting my daughter's new office space. I'll get the reveal out.

Pro Tip: Avoid having children. You end up doing everything you hate for yourself AND for them. Twice the work! They try to win you over with "I love you dad!" and "I couldn't do this without you" lines, but it's all brain conditioning!

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
The J200??

Ed. Damn, got scooped!
YOU GOT IT! Well...it's the new Epiphone Inspired By Gibson J-200 released at the NAMM show last year. They're so sought after there's usually a 1-2 month wait to get them in stock. These are part of Gibson's revamping of their quality/production commitment and it really shows.

Your punishment is you're going to have to hear me play it :D

SKORPI0

Lifer
Jan 18, 2000

Reactions: Fritzo

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Is it that Epiphone you mentioned recently?
YOU GOT IT! Well...it's the new Epiphone Inspired By Gibson J-200 released at the NAMM show last year. They're so sought after there's usually a 1-2 month wait to get them in stock. These are part of Gibson's revamping of their quality/production commitment and it really shows.

Your punishment is you're going to have to hear me play it :D
I was right!

So how many guitars are you up to now?

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
I was really hoping it would be a guitar that my friend makes. He does all the work himself. Truly stunning pieces of craftsmanship worth the price he asks.

Ah well, next time you get a bonus I'll PM you my friend's company 😛

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
i wish grand pianos were as cheap as guitars
Hdm2kDz.gif

the one i really want is going to be about 30$k used, whenever i get a house that will fit it

which is probably never... so i guess that actually makes it a pretty cheap instrument

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
i wish grand pianos were as cheap as guitars
Hdm2kDz.gif

the one i really want is going to be about 30$k used, whenever i get a house that will fit it

which is probably never... so i guess that actually makes it a pretty cheap instrument
FWIW, some guitars are as expensive as grand pianos!

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I wish I had some idea of what to actually do with a guitar besides letting it collect dust...

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
It's that time of year again!

I've been eyeing these since they came out in January. They're impossible to find and will probably be a future classic because Gibson gave a bit too much away for the price:
- Real Gibson Burstbucker pickups
- Gibson hardware
- Authentic switch/50's wiring
- Collaboration with Gibson Custom Shop on design

Ordered it in July---IT'S COMING TOMORROW!! :D

I luuuuv Sweatwater- when you buy a guitar they'll actually call you and let you chose the one you want from their website. They take high-res photos so you can pick the woodgrain/finish/etc. They also do a full setup and put a bunch of case candy (literally candy!) in the box too. Great store!

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I only ever buy small-ticket items from Sweetwater, so I feel like it's a bit much when their guy calls me. I suppose next time I could ask if they don't put a banana Laffy Taffy in my order, since that's the worst flavor :p
I'm on a streak, I haven't bought a guitar since 2017!

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
I only ever buy small-ticket items from Sweetwater, so I feel like it's a bit much when their guy calls me. I suppose next time I could ask if they don't put a banana Laffy Taffy in my order, since that's the worst flavor :p
I'm on a streak, I haven't bought a guitar since 2017!

ugh yes, sweetwater finally stopped calling/emailing me but they still send me stuff in the mail all the time

all i ever bought was a little basic MIDI keyboard. that's all i plan to get from them.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
ugh yes, sweetwater finally stopped calling/emailing me but they still send me stuff in the mail all the time

all i ever bought was a little basic MIDI keyboard. that's all i plan to get from them.
If you have an account, you can opt out of the catalog at least.