frigid cold, or blistering heat, which would you rather have?? POLL!!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SWScorch

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
I'd rather be too hot any day. I keep my room around 75 degrees when I can and still dress in long pants, a sweatshirt and sometimes a bathrobe. Nothing makes me more miserable than being cold.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
I hate trying to drive a car while my t-t-t-t-teeeth are ch-ch-ch-ch-attering and my whole body is sh-sh-sh-sh-sh-shivering.

ski2slow

Jan 26, 2003
You can always add more layer if it is frigid cold. You can only take so much off though to cool down..

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Most certainly cold.

<--- eskimo at heart

Ugh, even the Portland summers can be too much for me.. that's pretty bad.

FuZoR

Diamond Member
Sep 22, 2001
-15F here... even though i thought my face was gonna fall off today.. i much rather have this then humid hot weather.

Like ski said.. cold = more layers... heat stripping off your clothing wont help in hot humid weather.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Originally posted by: aircooled
Originally posted by: Heisenberg
Hot weather = girls wear less of teh clothing.
Nuff said.
bikini greater than parka :)

Not if the girl is IN or ON the parka with you! You need to think of some more "creative" ways of keeping warm, man! :D

xSkyDrAx

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2003
Hot and Cold both have their own appeals. I.E...too cold..snuggle with gf, too hot, get nekkid with gf :D see what i mean?

Freejack2

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000
Geez tough call. I'd rather be cold than sweating to death. However at -40 I have to contend with snow and the roads get dangerous as many road ice melters don't work at -40.

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: WinstonSmith
You can put on as much as you need to wear, but you can only take so much off.

That may be true, but no matter what you put on, you must still breathe that cold air. I voted for blistering heat. Drink lots of water and you should be ok.

But I live in TX, and grew up in Trinidad. I can't handle cold at all. I nearly died when it was 29°F and I tried sleeping in my car.

jjyiz28

Platinum Member
Jan 11, 2003
tyring to go to sleep sweating sux. id rather just shiver wearing some long johns and thick comfortor

JBT

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
I'd say cold. Right now where I am its -16F with -42F wind chill its pretty damn cold Last night actual temp was -33 and wind chill was -45 or so... BUT I can sit in my house pretty comfortably as long as I have something on my feet. When its hot out the entire house is HOT and it sucks heat is the sucks.