• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Friends cat got runover, I had to shoot it with a .22 :(

TheGizmo

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000
3,627
0
71
Really sucked. She was just walking around the driveway, and his dad got home, didn't see it, ran it over. Paralyzed her leaving her just able to move her head and front legs. We couldn't bare to watch her sit in misery, and he couldn't do it himself, so I was the one who had to shoot the cat in the head with a .22 :(
RIP Darkness
 

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
8,016
1
0
:(


I'm happy you put it out of misery instead of waiting for it to die. Was it an outdoor cat or did it get out?

edit: and I felt bad for two days after running over a toad backing out... I can't imagine what he's feeling like :(
 

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
55,385
1,516
126
wow, straight old yeller status. that must've sucked.
 

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
18,927
0
76
Wow that's sad. You know what is really weird though is a cat by my house got runned over and I took it to the side and just let it rest and petted it for a minute. The cat eventually got up and walked away.
 

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
24,229
1
76
you're good friend for doing such an undesirable but necessary thing
 

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
21,537
419
126
Originally posted by: Nocturnal
Wow that's sad. You know what is really weird though is a cat by my house got runned over and I took it to the side and just let it rest and petted it for a minute. The cat eventually got up and walked away.
When my wife and I were driving home one day, a cat jumped out of a ditch and ran in front of the subaru outback in front of us. It appeared the car straddled the cat, with it knocked for a loop before rolling out the back. It was on its feet again and ran all the way across the road and disappeared. No idea if it was hurt or not.

I know cats will try to hide their injuries though, since it makes them appear as easy prey.
 

Josh123

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2002
3,034
2
76
Sorry to hear that, I don't know what I would do if I came home and found my cat run over.
 

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
61,713
10
56
Originally posted by: TheGizmo
Really sucked. She was just walking around the driveway, and his dad got home, didn't see it, ran it over. Paralyzed her leaving her just able to move her head and front legs. We couldn't bare to watch her sit in misery, and he couldn't do it himself, so I was the one who had to shoot the cat in the head with a .22 :(
RIP Darkness
:( :( :( :(

we need a cry emoticon.
 

hanoverphist

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2006
9,928
23
76
Originally posted by: Canai
:(


I'm happy you put it out of misery instead of waiting for it to die. Was it an outdoor cat or did it get out?

edit: and I felt bad for two days after running over a toad backing out... I can't imagine what he's feeling like :(
during a very bad storm back in the mid 80s we were driving back to the valley from tucson. there were toads all over the freeway, so thick it wasnt just a splat here and there, we hydroplaned on them. the car was disgusting by the time we got back to tempe, but luckily the neighborhood the guy that owned the car lived in was flooded with 2 feet of water and most of it washed off. of course, we were pushing the car, since i havent seen a vw sirocco yet that can operate in 2 feet of water...


sorry to hear about the cat, but its better than waiting it out...
 

LtPage1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2004
6,315
1
0
Originally posted by: crt1530
Originally posted by: KIRBYEE
Pics or ban!
/
||
||
Ban.
Not to give this guy any more attention, but I agree. 2 week vacation minimum, please.

You're an admirable human being, OP. My condolences to her owner.
 

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Administrator
Mar 5, 2001
49,606
162
111
www.slatebrookfarm.com
:thumbsup: for having the guts to do that.
:thumbsup: for not leaving the cat suffering.
:thumbsup: for doing the right thing.

(and on a related note: )
:thumbsdown: to the people in my state who made doing exactly what you did a felony.
In other words, be aware of who you tell. Don't want to find out the local police officer is also a PETA member.
 

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
17,168
60
91
I would be afraid of a law suit.

I strongly reccommend taking a pet to a facility designed for euthanasia of animals.

People should take care of their own responsibility.
 

KB

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 1999
5,171
226
106
If I had to do something like that it would keep me up at night. But it had to be done.

Poor kitty... its going to be like... heres I am haunting ur dreamz.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY